IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Don’t want to criticise, and whatever happens from here they’ve already done much better in this series than I thought they would, but that Root innings was seriously grim. England’s greatest ever batsman really doesn’t need to flail around like a tailender surely, regardless of how aggressive you’re attempting to play.

That Crawley DRS was a bit dodgy mind.. 👀

• Sad 1

Just now, bearded_red said:

Don’t want to criticise, and whatever happens from here they’ve already done much better in this series than I thought they would, but that Root innings was seriously grim. England’s greatest ever batsman really doesn’t need to flail around like a tailender surely, regardless of how aggressive you’re attempting to play.

It was def leg sideish!

4 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I'm hoping that was down to him being bothered by his finger and not thinking he'll be able to hang around for long.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

NZ demolishing SA reserves. 

Watched a bit the other night and was amazed when the comms said that NZ have NEVER  beaten SA in a Test series. 

That is a strange stat, SA were in the wilderness for 20 odd years though so slightly distorts it, still surprising though

Missed a lot of the last couple of days, but after the first Innings no surprise at the result.
Can't let then get another big first Innings lead in the next one . Some interesting selection decisions for the 3rd Test. 

I think he's spot on

England lost Jonny Bairstow in the next over and never quite recovered, with Stokes making it clear he felt Crawley was the victim of a HawkEye glitch.

"My personal opinion is that the technology has gone wrong on this occasion. That's where I stand on it," the England captain said when questioned about the decision.

"Technology in the game is obviously there and everyone has an understanding of the reasons it can never be 100 per cent. That's why we have the 'umpire's call', that's why it's in place.

14 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Pretty much sums it up:

Like many on here and elsewhere, I do not much care for the Indian attitude on the pitch, especially when Kohli is around, but I must say that their journalists, especially on CricInfo, are pretty impressive and generally a very interesting read.