IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

21 minutes ago, redkev said:

Looks like it could be too late now 

Well there are 6 games to go and we will probably need to win them all so might be handy if Stokes is fit to play .I

I dare say he might have played today but they thought we would win without needing Stokes .

Edited by Markthehorn

11 hours ago, bearded_red said:

His away record in ODIs also massively superior to any of Wood, Curran or Topley. Quite a small sample size for the later two though obviously.

Have a read of Aggers’ latest column, in which he sums up my thoughts on Woakes right now (in this format and in India) better than I did. 

One nugget: Woakes has bowled 11 overs in powerplays so far - two of those games were against Bangladesh and Afghanistan - and taken 1-95 🤯

2 hours ago, tin said:

Have a read of Aggers’ latest column, in which he sums up my thoughts on Woakes right now (in this format and in India) better than I did. 

One nugget: Woakes has bowled 11 overs in powerplays so far - two of those games were against Bangladesh and Afghanistan - and taken 1-95 🤯

I was never questioning his performances right now or in this tournament though. Every chance yesterday was his last ODI and that’s fine, but he’s been a brilliant player in the format.

And as everyone knows, in test cricket it’s undeniable that’s he’s close to useless outside England, but I don’t feel it’s in any way fair for this criticism to also be labelled at him in ODIs.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I get what you are saying but that was with home advantage. I don't see England winning 5 out of the last 6 against a lot of the better teams. 

I agree. I guess I was just being pedantic. Hopefully the return of Stokes will galvanise us vs SA . We need to drop Woakes as well. 

• Like 1

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The Netherlands are currently ranked below Afghanistan in the latest ODI rankings  ICC Men's ODI Team Rankings | ICC (icc-cricket.com)

Every cloud...

Makes me feel a bit happier 

Thought it amusing how the sky commentary team mentioned Roloewe Van De Merve having so much energy whilst fielding, I don't think they realise he's like that in every game 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Makes me feel a bit happier 

Thought it amusing how the sky commentary team mentioned Roloewe Van De Merve having so much energy whilst fielding, I don't think they realise he's like that in every game 

If ever there was a player who gets in the zone it`s him. He`s a joy to watch - I reckon he`d be the same if he was playing village cricket!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

I wonder if Kohli would have been so generous to a team mate like Raul was had they been near a century?

Was all about personal pride at the end .

Kohli to me is just so unlikeable. An absolutely fabulous cricketer and you have to admire his talent and determination but I find it impossible to warm to him.

• Like 3