IGNORED

Portsmouth Game

Dave L

With BT now manager and therefore not out of a job surely this is enough reward for his playing services?

Does he really need a testimonial? I would support it if he gave the takings to charity but I won't put my own dosh into BT's pocket or any other player for that matter.The whole concept of testimonials is flawed unless its a charity event.

Agree that prem palyers don't need testimonials, but Tinman won't have earned enough to retire on. I'm going along to support him.

I'll definitely be there..probably the first game I can make since the disaster against Brighton(unless I'm back in time from holiday to go to Yeovil...anyone know the date and if it's def a first-team friendly?!!) Think I may need a few pre-season games to ease me back in gently to the stresses and strains of football before the real matches start. I always enjoy the pre-season games as it's an opportunity to see some of the players in action that you wouldn't usually see playing...eg Aniyinsah(spelling?!), Hawkins, Harley, Fortune etc etc and will be great to see the new guys Heffernan, Orr and Gillespie get a run out!

Also Pompey will have a good few players down, will bring a fair few fans...and oh yeah, I love Brian Tinnion so will be there giving him my hard-earned...up to him what he does with the cash!!!

West Brom friendly should also be a good one although Pompey a more attractive fixture...in the Sun today it reported that they(WBA!) were trying to get John Carew from Valencia(just spent the last season on loan)...can't see that happening to be honest though!!

With BT now manager and therefore not out of a job surely this is enough reward for his playing services?

Does he really need a testimonial? I would support it if he gave the takings to charity but I won't put my own dosh into BT's pocket or any other player for that matter.The whole concept of testimonials is flawed unless its a charity event.

Wouldn't give BT the steam off my p**s

^_^:(:city::city::city::grr:

I don't normally bother with pre-season friendlies either, and haven't attended a testimonial since Rob Newman's (I wasn't very happy when he left very soon after). But I am looking forward to Tinnion's.

OK I know he will benefit financially, which he probably doesn't really need. But I am going to offer support and thanks for his loyality to the club. Things haven't always been easy for him there, I remember him almost being hounded out. I'm sure he could have moved elsewhere for an easier life and more money. He does seem to care for the club, often attending off the field activities and giving his time to support many causes. The sort of thing I would have expected the club captain to be doing, for example.These things he has been doing for years, not just since he has been made Manager.

Of course it is personal choice whether people attend. I will be NEEDING to watch some football by then. I believe Tins is the right man for the job, I don't expect miricles but will support him as a person, player and Bristol City manager.

hey I'm going my brother isn't going to give me a lift so i will catch the bus, does anyone know the bus that goes from town to ashton?

WALK!!!!!!! :( past College GREEN, Pass S.S Great Britain,around to the left over the Bridge up onto the flyover through the park and you`re there :city:^_^

If you want to get a bus you can get pretty much any of the Badgerline buses going from the Bus-Station/Centre/Anchor Road..think it's the 350 etc...the buses going to Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, and Weston all stop at "Ashton Bridge" and only take about 5-10 minutes when they turn up! Otherwise the 24/25 stops right outside the ground but go on a mega detour all around Bedminster so best to get one of the Badgerline ones! Hope that's of some help although probably the dullest post ever on this forum...!!

Guest bristolbred

Was going to go to Tins testimonial, but now he has been promoted, (along with a nice pay rise no doubt!) i sort of feel that the magic of him being a City stalwart, has now disappered, and now have the chance for a week away in the Czech Republic!!, :(

So, sorry Brian, you've lost out to good, cheap beer and food. ^_^

I am hoping to be there, and taking my Daughter to her first ever Bristol City game,

Let's hope she is impressed.

Well hopefully she will recognise one of our players!

We will recognise her too, she will be the one standing up and shouting 'Oi, you Portsmouth lump, leave my big/little brother alone!' ^_^

You never forget your first City match,tell her to enjoy it, I'm sure it will be good!

Archived