IGNORED

And relax

Bs4Red

I still think we need a goalkeeper who is a signing of intent, as in he needs to be a very good goalkeeper for this level as that can make or break a team. I'd say we need a better left back and a RW/M and even then we'll still not have a lot of depth of quality. I don't think we're anywhere near where we need to be in order to improve upon last season.

2 hours ago, brady bunch said:

We need a Goalkeeper, number 1 priority for me. At championship level Frankie is at best a backup option. Why too many unforced errors in his city time, and does not command his box.

Modern day keepers normally have to be 6ft 5 plus and good quality … that’s what we need right now.

De Gea, Buffon and Neuer all below 6'5''. :shifty:

59 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Not bothered about a new keeper unless they're actually better than FF. We've tried to replace him a couple of times now and none of the guys we've brought in have been as good as him.

Exactly how I feel about Fielding. I'm happy enough if he is number one next season unless we get the opportunity to sign a definite upgrade.

3 hours ago, brady bunch said:

We need a Goalkeeper, number 1 priority for me. At championship level Frankie is at best a backup option. Why too many unforced errors in his city time, and does not command his box.

Modern day keepers normally have to be 6ft 5 plus and good quality … that’s what we need right now.

That may be so, but shorter goalies can get to the lower shots easier. Frankie is superb at saving those. Also his reflexes are excellent. I would like him to stay as number one.

21 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

We only NEED a LB now, anything else is strengthening an already decent position. Good work to all at the club and roll on August! 

20 hours ago, swanker said:

Looking forward with optimism to the new season. Let's get behind our manager and team. COYR. 

14 hours ago, David Brent said:

Just a proper right winger now in my opinion.

I'm a little surprised by these sort of comments. Unless I've missed something, this squad is currently one right back stronger than that which finished 17th last season and was under threat of relegation for an awful long time. And despite the money spent on Diedhiou, it remains unproven as to whether he is an adequate replacement for Tammy.

To my mind if we are to significantly improve and threaten the playoff places - which really ought to be the aim - I would hope to see a lot more transfer activity yet. If we do have that ambition then I would say a keeper, left back, central midfielder and right winger are almost essential, rather than "nice to haves".

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm a little surprised by these sort of comments. Unless I've missed something, this squad is currently one right back stronger than that which finished 17th last season and was under threat of relegation for an awful long time. And despite the money spent on Diedhiou, it remains unproven as to whether he is an adequate replacement for Tammy.

To my mind if we are to significantly improve and threaten the playoff places - which really ought to be the aim - I would hope to see a lot more transfer activity yet. If we do have that ambition then I would say a keeper, left back, central midfielder and right winger are almost essential, rather than "nice to haves".

Definitely see your point, but I think a couple of players really proved they have first-team credentials in the final 3rd of last season. BW, Paterson, Brownhill and Taylor all finished strong enough to justify being starting XI imho.

23 hours ago, RedDave said:

You are certainly in the minority. I think if we did sell him he'd be off to league one which says it all really

I think most on here thought that Mark Little wouldn't get a championship club but was snapped up quickly. I reckon Frankie would get a championship club just as easily.  Sometimes we  City fans under rate players at our club for example Cunningham, Ayling and Derek Williams (Blackburn player of the season I read somewhere I think).  

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Definitely see your point, but I think a couple of players really proved they have first-team credentials in the final 3rd of last season. BW, Paterson, Brownhill and Taylor all finished strong enough to justify being starting XI imho.

Yes fair point, but I'm just surprised to see relative satisfaction on this thread and elsewhere, with a squad that has ultimately only been improved with a right back. I won't personally have great expectations for the coming season without further recruitment across the pitch.

Archived