IGNORED

I'm Backing Tinman

sheps

I'll be the first to admit that when DW was sacked, I was very cautious to Tinman being appointed manager. Thinking, its the cheap option due to our alleged "financial situation" and the fact many of our team from last season were available on free transfers because of their contract being up and the side under performing.

But lets be fair, those players that have gone / going...

Peacock.... he's certainly not going to Wednesday for his career is he! Blatantly going for the money!!!

Burnell.... don't want to talk about this one, personally don't think he'll be missed (hadn't seen him much going into last season anyway!!! haha)

Brown...... I've never been impressed with him over the years of supporting City, totally overrated! Probably going because his brother was released anyway!

But I have to admit, so far i'm very pleased with his approach for new recruits...

Heffernan, certainly got potential and I do hope lives up to his track record and doesn't become another Tony Thorpe, where he scores goals for fun at other clubs and not for City!

Orr, having read about his loans at other clubs and that sort of thing, sounds promising and definitely adds that "spark" to City that Burnell never provided!

Ok, Tinman is saying we need a Target Man, and that (as the City website reports today) Howard is his next target, I have to ask the question, should we really need to spend more money, before we have even played a friendly for Tinman to see potential in the existing squad?

For example, Stephen Gillespie. I have this sneaky feeling that he's going to be another Andy Cole, and score goals for fun for City! (I hope anyway!!)

Its also nice to see that a player like Fortune is turning down a move to push for a place in the first team because he's listened to Tinman's expectations!

Should Carey not sign his contract, I feel the back three of Tinmans "3-5-2" will be Fortune, Coles and (hopefully) Hill.

I'm anticipating promotion, where we hopefully follow QPR's record of losing the Play Off Final and go up automatically!!!

Keep up the Good Work TINMAN - You've got my backing!!!

Archived