IGNORED

Netflix Film : Okja

Fiale

If you have a Netflix subscription check this film out. If streaming sites can bring us films of this quality then the future looks bright, it plays and looks like a full feature length movie that you would see at the cinema so kudos Netflix. Really enjoyed this movie although the beginning does feel a little slow, but hey you have to set the story/scene right.

Found myself at a loose end last night, so gave this a go on your recommendation.

Bit different, quite enjoyed it.

Was the woman (women) based on Cruella De Vil?

Food for thought, as it were, hasn't put me off meat though.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Found myself at a loose end last night, so gave this a go on your recommendation.

Bit different, quite enjoyed it.

Was the woman (women) based on Cruella De Vil?

Food for thought, as it were, hasn't put me off meat though.

Yes she had that air about her didn't she. I did think how intelligent would a animal need to get before I would consider farming and eating it, crossing a strange cruelty threshold I have in my mind (the two parents helping their kid through the wire to escape the slaughter was a little - are these animals to smart and self aware).

I have seen worse films in the cinema, and actually found Okja a breathe of fresh air after a lot of the films rolling out using the same old formulas.  

On 30/06/2017 at 23:00, Fiale said:

If you have a Netflix subscription check this film out. If streaming sites can bring us films of this quality then the future looks bright, it plays and looks like a full feature length movie that you would see at the cinema so kudos Netflix. Really enjoyed this movie although the beginning does feel a little slow, but hey you have to set the story/scene right.

Persuaded my Mrs to watch this film with me partly on your recommendation. Well the night didn't end with her in a good mood. In fact she has the right hump. " so you made me watch a film about a giant pig" were her words as she stomped of up to bed well before the film ended. I have to agree with her  

What a pile of pants this film is! 

Archived