IGNORED

Wimbledon

JBFC II

3 hours ago, Super said:

Anyone think the injury may have been an excuse? 3rd set he played his best tennis. Congrats to RF greatest ever.

No not an excuse. Just think everything came to a head for him.

I think he realised that with his blister on his foot, the occasion got to him. When he broke down at 0/3 down in the second set the match was over. He might have played a bit better in the third set but by then he was playing shit or bust tennis. By that time he was just serving and volleying on most serves.

Not a good final to watch as a lot turn out that way.

As for Federer what can you say? Thought he should have retired 2 years ago, what do I know?

Has to be up there with the greatest individual sports person of all time let alone the best tennis player!!

12 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

No not an excuse. Just think everything came to a head for him.

I think he realised that with his blister on his foot, the occasion got to him. When he broke down at 0/3 down in the second set the match was over. He might have played a bit better in the third set but by then he was playing shit or bust tennis. By that time he was just serving and volleying on most serves.

Not a good final to watch as a lot turn out that way.

As for Federer what can you say? Thought he should have retired 2 years ago, what do I know?

Has to be up there with the greatest individual sports person of all time let alone the best tennis player!!

Yeah shame it wasn't a good final but not a lot else Cilic could've done. 

Have run out of superlatives for RF. What does piss me off is the BBC continuing to describe him even on the radio this morning as "one of the greatest mens tennis players" and saying it's difficult to compare eras blah blah.

Sorry, but there can be no argument he IS the greatest ever mens tennis player and I fancy him to take 20 slams by winning the US in September which won't be beaten in my lifetime.

Archived