IGNORED

Aaron Pierre

Luxo Jr.

4 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Johnson tells the  Post he has qualities that are Championship and is a great lad to have around. He has a number of clubs interested in him. Looked solid in the games he played. Winning apparently everything on the air.  Constant rumours of  Flint being chased by a number of clubs.And then Johnson decides not to sign him. And then says we will keep an eye on him. 

And this is the Manager who is going to move us up the table. 

So what's your point?

There is no table yet. We took someone on trial who wasn't quite good enough. I'm sure it wasn't just LJ''s decision to let him go. 

5 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

He came to us on trial, it would be unfair for LJ to slate him and potentially harm his chances of going to another team. If he was good enough he would of been made an offer. Read between the lines.

I wish I had your faith in LJ's ability.

4 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Johnson tells the  Post he has qualities that are Championship and is a great lad to have around. He has a number of clubs interested in him. Looked solid in the games he played. Winning apparently everything on the air.  Constant rumours of  Flint being chased by a number of clubs.And then Johnson decides not to sign him. And then says we will keep an eye on him. 

And this is the Manager who is going to move us up the table. 

Try and be reasonable, I'm no LJ apologist but at present we have Flint, Wright, Magnusson, Hegeler is playing there so far in pre season, Moore and Vyner, all of whom are able to play CB.

Up front we have Djuric (injured), Taylor (injured), Garita (injured), Engvall (who really knows what the ******* hell is going on there?) Wilbs, bless him, who is about 46 now and who will put his boots on if we need him, plus of course Diedhiou, who only arrived in the country on Friday.

May be, just may be, we think any space left on the wage bill needs to filled by another striker option rather than a seventh centre half because if the new lad picks up a knock now we will be right in the cart, eh?

2 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

I wish I had your faith in LJ's ability.

I don't know why you bother mate. Being a City fan clearly doesn't agree with you.

If we signed Ronaldo he'd be too Portuguese for you :facepalm:

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Earlier in the thread someone has already pointed out Ekstrand, Garita, Lucic, Pack, Basso all arrived as trialists, so yes, we have signed some and two of those proved to be excellent acquisitions.

Fair play if Adriano and Marlon were trialists, who can forget the success that Adriano was. My impression is that Johnson Snr took Adriano (and Bas Savage) on because he was impressed by their spirit rather than them having formal trials with us.My point is (and I don't know how wide spread the practice is with other Clubs) BCFC seem to waste the time of 95% of the people we have on trial. The latest example, the bloke plays 2 or 3 times for us, goes into talks and then is told he isn't wanted. Why raise the blokes hopes? Was he asking for too much?

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Fair play if Adriano and Marlon were trialists, who can forget the success that Adriano was. My point is (and I don't know how wide spread the practice is with other Clubs) BCFC seem to waste the time of 95% of the people we have on trial. The latest example, the bloke plays 2 or 3 times for us, goes into talks and then is told he isn't wanted. Why raise the blokes hopes? Was he asking for too much?

So give him a 2 year deal for turning up? 

Don't think you've really grasped the concept of "trials"

7 minutes ago, Oops said:

So give him a 2 year deal for turning up? 

Don't think you've really grasped the concept of "trials"

And forgive me but you are being dense regarding my main point. If you invite some one for a trial you must believe they have a decent chance of making it at BCFC, otherwise it's an empty exercise. In this case it's not some kid that a scout has raved about but an experienced player from a promotion-winning side who wants to better himself.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

You could interpret that as Mags played a higher % of long balls i.e. attacking passes up the pitch. He therefore completed less but maybe those that WERE successful created chances. Whereas Wright completed more because they were short, therefore less risky but also unlikely to create an attacking position. That would be closer to my perception.

Basically stats can be twisted to say whatever suits and are therefore of limited value imho.

Definitely this. It's ridiculous to think that someone is correct if "backed up by some stats". The game is much more complicated than that 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

As for the Bailey Wright vs Magnusson comments, I appear to be in a minority but from what I saw last season, Wright used the ball far more effectively and far more accurately than Magnusson did.
I also feel that the signing of Wright played a big part in securing our place in this division.

Would like to see them as a pair, at least once.  I think they both have strengths, some of which Flint doesn't have.

I'm not gonna get into a stats debate, but they do tell a story that I wouldn't have guessed.

Just now, southvillekiddy said:

And forgive me but you are being dense regarding my main point. If you invite some one for a trial you must believe they have a decent chance of making it at BCFC, otherwise it's an empty exercise

Dense?

The dense is all you mate. On what basis are you pissed of that we didn't sign him?

Just now, Davefevs said:

Would like to see them as a pair, at least once.  I think they both have strengths, some of which Flint doesn't have.

I'm not gonna get into a stats debate, but they do tell a story that I wouldn't have guessed.

I am so sorry but don't we all?

3 minutes ago, Oops said:

Dense?

The dense is all you mate. On what basis are you pissed of that we didn't sign him?

You started it. And please explain what "the dense is all you mate" means.

And I didn't say I was pissed off just baffled by BCFC trialist policy over the years. A player asks if he can come for a trial, the Club doesn't have to waste his time. They could just say "No".

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Not gonna give you stick shelts, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  I do beg to differ though, and if I was to be asked which one of Wright or Magnusson was being described with "little composure and erratic passing", I'd say Magnusson.

I would slightly agree both are!!

High hopes for Maggers my type of centre half , he would've toughened up after last season, he's had a good look at the Championship now and expect him to hold down a regular place , at the expense of Wright as Flint won't be moved . I could be wrong . 

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I take it then your not a fan?

get stuck in center half that the Preston fans loved. Looks a keeper to me.

You see it different, for me big as Flint is Reminds me of MCcombe  big massive guy, Wright is the one that takes no prisoners.

Puts it in where it hurts. Always loved City sides when we have one of them at the back for us.

I get the similarities a little between Flint and Mccombe but would say Flint is twice the player. At this level you need a little more than being able to head it and kick it, Flint does that and for both to play together means we don't bring the ball out when in possession, Maggers in if he has learned from last season . Not a good combo Flint and Wright, others will disagree of course  

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

You started it. And please explain what "the dense is all you mate" means.

Oh I'm sorry. Are you a UEFA Class 1 coach?

If you are then you have my respect and a grovelling apology. Otherwise your opinon counts for the same as mine. 

If you were present when Aaron Pierre played his 2 friendlies for City and passed on your knowledge and opinions to the management,  then I defer to your expertise.

Otherwise, you have literally no basis to argue with the decision to let him go.

1 minute ago, Oops said:

Oh I'm sorry. Are you a UEFA Class 1 coach?

If you are then you have my respect and a grovelling apology. Otherwise your opinon counts for the same as mine. 

If you were present when Aaron Pierre played his 2 friendlies for City and passed on your knowledge and opinions to the management,  then I defer to your expertise.

Otherwise, you have literally no basis to argue with the decision to let him go.

Yeah but what does "the dense is all you mate"  actually mean? Have you read what I have written. I'm asking if BCFC have a policy and rationale about trialists. And you are right.  I am UEFA Class 1 coach.

10 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Yeah but what does "the dense is all you mate"  actually mean? Have you read what I have written. I'm asking if BCFC have a policy and rationale about trialists. And you are right.  I am UEFA Class 1 coach.

You'll have to ask BCFC about their policy and rationale mate, not the fans forum.

And have you recommended Aaron Pierre to Bristol City in your capacity as a UEFA class 1 coach? Or did the people who actually run the club decide that themselves? 

Either way, he didn't make it. And if you are a class 1 coach, you should have known that already.

And by the way, I'm a UEFA Ambassador, which means I can coach coaches. And the coaches coaches. Etc.

1 hour ago, Oops said:

You'll have to ask BCFC about their policy and rationale mate, not the fans forum.

And have you recommended Aaron Pierre to Bristol City in your capacity as a UEFA class 1 coach? Or did the people who actually run the club decide that themselves? 

Either way, he didn't make it. And if you are a class 1 coach, you should have known that already.

And by the way, I'm a UEFA Ambassador, which means I can coach coaches. And the coaches coaches. Etc.

Sassiest comment on otib goes too...

8 hours ago, Oops said:

It's a bit ridiculous criticising people because they are probably not a UEFA class 1 coach as 99.9% of the people on the forum have no high level formal football qualifications. If posting was limited to those with formal coaching badges, we wouldn't have much content. This is a forum where everyone is entitled to express their opinions, regardless of whether they are good, bad or ugly. 

(I've got a couple of swimming certificates and was qualified to train cyclists) 

1 hour ago, Hellfire Corner said:

- but was it Coach 1?

I did spot a couple of them 'coach one stalwarts at the match on sunday-was one of those awful moments,bringing paralysing fear/images pushed to the back of the mind back into terrifying focus-thank the lord for the freedom of drinking thatchers whilst watching the game.

9 hours ago, Oops said:

You're not Peter Carol are you????

:dunno:

Archived