IGNORED

too many players

where's the joy

6 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

do you think the squad is already too big and in dire need of a prune?

if so who do we feel its right to ship out and why would you want to keep wilbraham

golbourne, reid, flint, engval to name a few

Well, because the guy served this club well, and if you read what they have said... he is gonna stay on as much for his presence aroun d the club than anything. No, i say fair play Wilbs, top top bloke too

10 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

if so who do we feel its right to ship out and why would you want to keep wilbraham

I'm assuming this is trolling. 

Ignoring those who are both youth and <10 first team apps the squad, assuming 2 per position and only 1 position per person is:

GK - Frankie, Ivan

RB - Eros, Taylor

CB - Aden, Bailey, Hordur, Pierre/Zac

LB - Scott, Joe

RM - Josh, Pato

CM - Jens, Korey, Marlon, Bobby

LM - Cal, Tommo

CF - Famara, Matty, Milan, Wilbs

Any sane person wants as a minimum a 25 man squad in the championship. We pretty much scrape that so if you want to say we need to improve on the aforementioned - fair point. If you think it needs pruning as is - behave...

40 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's an odd one keeping Wilbs on as a player, I suspect he didn't get any offers, that's why he stalled, sentiment over sensible?

How VERY dare you, sir!

When have BCFC EVER been guilty of sentiment over sensible, (the Johnson family aside)??

:tomato:

That's it - off to bed.

tfj

I can summarise the next 5 pages of the thread for you:

Get rid of the dead weight: Frankie, Goldborne, Read and Wilbraham. 

Magnerson will be off on loan no doubt and Flint and Brownhill look likely off to the Prem.

might have to be 5 a side at the start of the season at this rate.

Bloody Bristol Sport. 

Have you seen the training kit?

Source?

LJ out. 

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

I can summarise the next 5 pages of the thread for you:

Get rid of the dead weight: Frankie, Goldborne, Read and Wilbraham. 

Magnerson will be off on loan no doubt and Flint and Brownhill look likely off to the Prem.

might have to be 5 a side at the start of the season at this rate.

Bloody Bristol Sport. 

Have you seen the training kit?

Source?

LJ out. 

Spoil sport! COYR

Golbourne probably the only one I'd let go I think. I'd Tomlin left wouldn't be too gutted either. We've lost probably about 7 while bringing in 2. We're ok as it stands. I'd only look at bringing in too quality now. Ship out when someone else comes in. 

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Flint?

Drugs.

I think drugs must have been involved in the opening post, too. I can't make head nor tail of it. I know I can be a stickler for grammar and spelling, but when syntax is gone, too... 

A full stop or a comma - or even just a space, a gap of some sort - would have helped me decipher this one. Are we saying Why would you want to keep Wilbraham ? (Apart from the fact he's the most professional player we've had in a decade or more and that he made 36 apps at the age of 36 or so in the 2nd tier of English football, unmatched by any of his peers [I'm guessing] and his attitude is universally praised within and without the club...)

Are we to assume these are players to 'ship out'? A left back we have no cover for, Reid (ok, fair enough), the best centre-half we've had since L Carey/S Taylor and an as yet untried goalscoring 20 year-old (maybe not that much different from McClousky, about whom everyone predicts great things, presumably because he's not from Sweden?)

I'm struggling on this thread... I don't think we have enough players, not too many!

But it certainly hasn't got 5 pages about which we can 'summarise' people's views, however!

22 hours ago, where's the joy said:

What have you been smoking?

Just now, reddoh said:

I may be completely wrong but

you can only loan outfield players during the two windows.

not sure about keepers.

The rules for keepers are different I think. You can loan one outside of a window but you have to present some pretty clear evidence why you need to - medical reports and the like.

Archived