IGNORED

Louis Carey

Rob k

is he getting such a slating? If i was voted as one of the best 4 employees in my line of work out of a considerable amount there is no way i would be happy to accept a pay cut, Just because he plays football for our team why should he? As far as i can make out he just wants to be give a fair contract

I think that you'll find it's the same for more or less every player with-in the Coca Cola leagues.

The money is no longer in the game (apart from Premiership) and if clubs are to survive, then all staff have to have their wages looked at.

I'm not so sure he would be taking a pay-cut either, ok, on his basic he probably is but from the things I have read from both parties, it sounds like the offer could be a little more performance based.

Now this is something I agree with but think will be very hard for the club to implement as obviously 99% of people would rather pick up a guarenteed weekly wage than have to rely on others to make their pay up.

The only way this would seem to work, would be if the whole squad was on the same incentives as everyone would be as keen as eachother to make good.

But when you can sit on the treatment table for 8 months or not have to motivate yourself for being guarenteed a 1st team place and still pick up £2000 a week for doing nothing, I'd guess that's where the problem would lie.

is he getting such a slating? If i was voted as one of the best 4 employees in my line of work out of a considerable amount there is no way i would be happy to accept a pay cut, Just because he plays football for our team why should he?  As far as i can make out he just wants to be give a fair contract

Exactally. It's just a shame the board doesn't see it that way.

Guest sprout1883

I don't know much about Louis carey being Gas, apart from knowing that he always seems to play every week.

The way i read the newspaper report wast that he could earn more money on the new contract. That suggests that his wage will be less, but topped up by appearances etc. IMO he should sign the contract, because i can't see him getting more elsewhere (unless he's on cr*p money and I doubt that).

I do see his point though. He has probablt taken lesser deals before, whilst players like steve Jones? Thorpe etc have come and gone on probably extortionate money.

The way i see it is that Steve Lansdown does not want to pay £2000 per week to a player to sit on the bench or play reserve football. He wants the players to work hard for there money. If the players work hard they will play better and in turn the whole club will be determined to reach there goals.

So Steve has offered contracts to players which means they can make a lot of money if they work hard and play well. This can only be good for the club as i dont think it is good to have players who can sit in the reserves and not work hard but still bring home £2000+ a week.

Steve said that Carey could potentially earn MORE money than he did in the last 12 months. That makes me feel that firsty Carey is being greedy and secondly must have little confidence in his ambility. I want every player to play for Bristol City and work there guts off. If Carey isnt prepared to work for the club then we should wave good bye to him.

I'm not so sure he would be taking a pay-cut either, ok, on his basic he probably is but from the things I have read from both parties, it sounds like the offer could be a little more performance based.

Now this is something I agree with but think will be very hard for the club to implement as obviously 99% of people would rather pick up a guarenteed weekly wage than have to rely on others to make their pay up.

The only way this would seem to work, would be if the whole squad was on the same incentives as everyone would be as keen as eachother to make good.

I'd agree with that, and I suspect the club would too. However, footballers' contracts expire at different times, so it will take a while before this sort of wage structure could be introduced wholesale.

I guess it's the fact that Louis is one of the first to have his contract negotiated this way that has caused him to be upset. He may not feel quite so hard done by, when the others have to follow suit with similarly structured contracts, in the seasons to come.

i rate the bloke highly, but to be fair he is an idiot if he walks out! We have heard of no interest from any clubs for him and he has been at city all his life and many fans respect him including myself.

the worst decision he could make would be to walk out of the club, if he did i believe he would only drop out of this division and into 1 below ^_^

This is a no brainer by louis he's got one year to go and he would pick up at least £100k tax free for his testimonial year.

Thats got to be worth a two year contract at £2k a week,plus the contract he's been offered.

Archived