IGNORED

Worried?

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree with every word of this.

Want the RB to succeed of course but a 30 year old who has spent half of his career in Serie B, all of it in Italy and clearly can't speak any English is certainly a gamble. Last season he wasn't always an automatic choice for Verona..

The lad up front is going to be under huge pressure and not just because of the transfer fee, either.

We have been spoiled by having the hugely underrated Kodjia and brilliant Tammy in the last two seasons, if Diedhiou can get 15 he will have done very well, but even then we will still be goals down from this season.

Truly not bothered about Tomlin going at all, but we do look very short of quality to me and are a bottom six side (again) at present.

Playing devil's advocate re Pisano:

- Half a career in Serie A too :whistle:

- His wife should help him with the language, as should Hordür and Milan.

- missed games because of injury, a couple of bench games might've been resting him after injury.  Looked an auto choice from what Transfermarkt displays. 15/16 was virtual ever-present in Serie A.

Re Diedhiou:

- yes under pressure, 15 would be a good return, but I think he'll bring a more allround game to us.  Can see a loan coming in to support him, if Đurić's injury is serious.

Tomlin:

- said my bit....so glad he's gone....good business.

18 hours ago, RumRed said:

Blimey, I'd put the spliff down and do the sensible thing, head to the local 24 hour garage for 8 Wagon Wheels and a copy of Razzle. :shifty:

Wagon Wheels are much smaller than they used to be, so 10 would be needed  

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Perhaps Gustav will get his chance after all!

Perhaps Lord Lucan will be found  on a South Sea island living on fresh coconuts and fish from the sea. 

As for whether or not I'm worried, the answer is "no". Not because I think the team is any better than last season, but because I've watched City for so long I feel that despair is a far better philosophy than hope. I can stand the despair. It's the hope that causes problems. 

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

People seem to be assuming that we won't sign anyone else. 

Why is this? 

Why do you presume we will, presuming you do? :blink:

Every linked rumour/target bar two  have gone elsewhere or there is other more likely propositions in the mix plus the manager has said a few days back he would be happy to go into the season with the players he had.

Which bizarrely would have included a certain fitter looking talisman type who has gone to a rival albeit I guess LJ was not really including him in that statement.

I would be happier to hear more rumours to show we are active as last year proved a lot of speculation meant a few signings - at the moment speculation is about not many players and dragging on about the same one or two so maybe no signings, but, hopefully not as IMHO the third window LJ asked for would look fairly disastrous.

His neck is on the line really - we are at the point he asked for and I think the squad is lacking and hopefully so does he despite what he says (which of course you have to take as fiction based on the LT is part of my plans BS from only a couple of weeks back)

Archived