IGNORED

New Keeper needed?

cidered abroad

23 minutes ago, shelts said:

Fair point . He don't fit the bill for me. Lovely guy. 

He's average at this level overall.  There are worse but the better ones standout...and unless you reckon there's a Bentley-type coming through in the lower leagues, it's not a position to gamble.  Well, certainly not £5m on a 2nd choice at Fulham (ignoring the Chelsea interest).

17 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Personally have no problem if we have to go with Frankie. IMO comes in for some unfair criticism on here. COYR 

He is adequate and if he's our number one, he's good enough to suit the lower end of the Championship.

But if we want to make upward progress, we'll need the extra six to ten points that a better quality keeper will gain for us.

I can't understand why we haven't signed one. Fielding is now our weakest link and it's not as if there aren't keepers out there that we can get.  It's a position I like to think I know a bit about and Rovers have now got a better keeper than us, in my opinion, and he was a free transfer!

If we haven't gone to Boro for Ripley to at least enquire about a loan then I'd be annoyed.  

On 15/07/2017 at 18:00, REDOXO said:

We did have a better keeper. Then he turned into a mistake ridden basket case, who liked fire works a bit too much. 

Personally im not a Lukic fan but I do like OLeary. 

Either way fielding is decent with a couple of very obvious failings. 

o leary  got great potensial

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He's average at this level overall.  There are worse but the better ones standout...and unless you reckon there's a Bentley-type coming through in the lower leagues, it's not a position to gamble.  Well, certainly not £5m on a 2nd choice at Fulham (ignoring the Chelsea interest).

Free transfers . High wages . After David James I think the club are a little worried about paying good dollar for a player that could well be finished. Not sure who else is about . 

Archived