IGNORED

Barnsley Tickets

RedRock

Just to flag up now on general sale via tinternet.

Could any Member, in the future, who late on buys a single ticket in the middle of a row please ask me first whether I want it. 

Best laid plans and all that! Jesz, you had a whole stadium to choose from. 

I may be really daft here but am trying to buy 2 tickets for my lad and his mate, I have tried assigning them to other people in our group as we are all season ticket holders but says I am over my limit even though it is on general sale, doing this on iPhone so not sure if this is the problem. Anyone got a clue what to do????

8 hours ago, gordie said:

I may be really daft here but am trying to buy 2 tickets for my lad and his mate, I have tried assigning them to other people in our group as we are all season ticket holders but says I am over my limit even though it is on general sale, doing this on iPhone so not sure if this is the problem. Anyone got a clue what to do????

Your allocation is used up. Don't assign them to anyone when it gets to general sale. No need too. 

On 25/07/2017 at 19:05, fanjita said:

Only three blocks in the upper Lansdown available at the moment, I assume they are only offering you seats in a particular block until the whole block is sold, then open another one.

I hope so as need to get 3 myself, all that is available is the Family section going by the BS website. If the central blocks are going to be open then surely open one of them as well, rather than put people in the Family section because they have no other choice? Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

I hope so as need to get 3 myself, all that is available is the Family section going by the BS website. If the central blocks are going to be open then surely open one of them as well, rather than put people in the Family section because they have no other choice? Or am I missing something?

The upper Lansdown isn't open for general sale. Only the family section. The rest is still only over flow for sell out games. 

You can only get in the family section with a child. 

We aren't going to get over 20k for Barnsley I shouldn't think, so best off getting a good choice of seats elsewhere asap. 

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Tickets appear to be selling well.

Problem being, the club has this issue that they want all the seats in the lower bowl more or less sold out before opening the top tier. Lots of people just won't buy seats right at the front for the same price as a decent view further up. I think they are losing revenue in not opening the top tier soon enough.

I agree, it probably should be opened for most games, however, it's not. That was in response to the earlier question. 

I would say that especially with part of the area being staffed for the family section, why not have one block at a time on general sale, for those who are happy & willing to pay more to go up there. 

I agree that makes little sense. 

On 7/25/2017 at 18:50, gordie said:

thats your problem, buying any tickets on the phone seems to be a chore

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The upper Lansdown isn't open for general sale. Only the family section. The rest is still only over flow for sell out games. 

We aren't going to get over 20k for Barnsley I shouldn't think, so best off getting a good choice of seats elsewhere asap. 

Ok, thanks for that as I didn't realise that was the case. I thought as there were some blocks open they would gradually move along the blocks. They are definitely losing revenue as I know people who will pay the extra to go up there and if they are not available they just won't go at all (rather than sit in the first few rows in the lower tier). Surely the extra people will more than pay for a couple of stewards who will probably have nothing to do.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I reckon we might.

We averaged 18-19k ish? First game always provides a boosted attendance. Of course the "new stadium" factor isn't there, but I reckon we could scrape 20-21k, especially if a new signing is announced before the game.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I reckon we might.

We averaged 18-19k ish? First game always provides a boosted attendance. Of course the "new stadium" factor isn't there, but I reckon we could scrape 20-21k, especially if a new signing is announced before the game.

You appear to be forgetting that half our fan base won't attend while LJ is in charge, we haven't signed enough players for their liking and football is too expensive, especially our robbing board and as for some of the phrases that Mark Ashton uses... well..! 

If we weren't already doomed to relegation, then I'd expect a crowd of about 18,500/19,000 but as we apparently are, that might be slightly optimistic, I mean, what's the bloody point..?! 

Archived