IGNORED

C O D will he ever score ?

cityred exile

Beginning to wonder  when he will break his duck on the goal front  been to  4 of the friendless  B MF apart    what else can he do to score?     hit the bar  strikes the post  cleared off he line off side   etc etc  the lot !      Get 1  and  get 2 in  a row ? YOU BET !         On a smaller scale   I fear  for feel young Freddie Hinds  is going  the same way                          Slightly off the topic is young  20 year old Joe Morrell  Its now 4 yrs since SOD Gave this boy his debut as a 16 years old Striker!     Looking at him  v Cheltenham  with his robust tigerist  mid field   breaker up of play  his height suggest that his position is surely his stage here or elsewhere !

6 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Beginning to wonder  when he will break his duck on the goal front  been to  4 of the friendless  B MF apart    what else can he do to score?     hit the bar  strikes the post  cleared off he line off side   etc etc  the lot !      Get 1  and  get 2 in  a row ? YOU BET !         On a smaller scale   I fear  for feel young Freddie Hinds  is going  the same way                          Slightly off the topic is young  20 year old Joe Morrell  Its now 4 yrs since SOD Gave this boy his debut as a 16 years old Striker!     Looking at him  v Cheltenham  with his robust tigerist  mid field   breaker up of play  his height suggest that his position is surely his stage here or elsewhere !

Obviously scoring goals is what the game is all about, but just because some players aren't netting themselves it doesn't mean they aren't playing a vital part of a TEAM game. What a player does off the ball, or with the ball to create openings for teammates is just as important. 

All I can say about Morell is that he has a team of professionals looking at him day in day out, they are better judges than a fan can be. Some players are more than ready at his age, Tammy etc. Some are ready much earlier, teams (even us) have had 16 year olds playing, but most players aren't regulars in the Championship at 20 years old are they?

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Statistically it's almost certain he will. He's slipped under the radar a bit, isn't talked about that much by our fans in comparison to others.

Have a feeling he might have a good season. If we use wingers and he gets a run in the team, I think he might do very well.

Agreed he's been unlucky not to score in some games and he will have learnt a lot from last season, believe he has the ability to get a few more and start providing as well.

Not according to some on here though. I will come back to this thread in 6 hours and expect to see a lot of posts saying he's rubbish and can't even take a man on...

32 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Agreed he's been unlucky not to score in some games and he will have learnt a lot from last season, believe he has the ability to get a few more and start providing as well.

Not according to some on here though. I will come back to this thread in 6 hours and expect to see a lot of posts saying he's rubbish and can't even take a man on...

He's also a good height and yet to totally thicken out - over the next couple of years he could develop quite nicely I think provided he gets game time.

Archived