IGNORED

Just Maybe.....

shelts

If we get the two being touted on here,  Baker and Ripley then it might look like things are falling into place .

The massive inevitable loss of Flinty will be a little more gentle if these two arrive and dare I say it, we might we be overall slightly stronger

Exciting times at BS3. COYR

Who are Baker and Ripley please. This news has yet to reach the far flung area of a currently very wet West Wales. I have 19 lambs, recently weaned from their mothers, looking very wet and pissed off, as am I and Harvey (City's greatest fan) my black Labrador. Best wishes to all, LJ lovers and haters alike. In my old age I so miss AG visits, the old 51 Club, away trips etc. Fondest memories, flying to Sunderland (via Newcastle) in the season we both got promoted to the First Division and the away match at Coventry for the 2-2 draw which kept us both from relegation.

4 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Who are Baker and Ripley please. This news has yet to reach the far flung area of a currently very wet West Wales. I have 19 lambs, recently weaned from their mothers, looking very wet and pissed off, as am I and Harvey (City's greatest fan) my black Labrador. Best wishes to all, LJ lovers and haters alike. In my old age I so miss AG visits, the old 51 Club, away trips etc. Fondest memories, flying to Sunderland (via Newcastle) in the season we both got promoted to the First Division and the away match at Coventry for the 2-2 draw which kept us both from relegation.

You've never heard of Baker? The bloke who played nearly every game for us in 2015/16?

15 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Baker centre half from Villa. Ripley keeper from Boro.  Baker currently undergoing medical. 

27 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Sounds lovely, but not the weather. Full details of transfer and other speculation are I the transfer forum and only get moved to here, football chat, once they are confirmed.

Here is the Nathan Baker thread for example 

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/187626-nathan-baker-multiple-merges/

Thank you Shelts, does that mean that Flint is off? Just looked up Ripley's career record. Two games for Boro and the rest wandering around lower division clubs on loan. But we do like collecting goalkeepers. 

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

Thank you Shelts, does that mean that Flint is off? Just looked up Ripley's career record. Two games for Boro and the rest wandering around lower division clubs on loan. But we do like collecting goalkeepers. 

I've heard it's Villa . Nothing confirmed yet. Be very interesting to see if Flinty plays tonight 

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

Anyone younger than 50 will never understand how the emotions fluctuated so much in a couple of hours that evening. Nothing will ever surpass that game and it will never be wiped from my memory.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Anyone younger than 50 will never understand how the emotions fluctuated so much in a couple of hours that evening. Nothing will ever surpass that game and it will never be wiped from my memory.

Was this the game that was fixed? I've read about it vaguely I'm only 22... Jimmy Hill announced Sunderland score or something over tannoy???

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Was this the game that was fixed? I've read about it vaguely I'm only 22... Jimmy Hill announced Sunderland score or something over tannoy???

It was only "fixed" in so far as Jimmy Hill delayed the teams coming out for the second half so that our match would finish later. This meant that Coventry and City would know the Sunderland result in advance and when it was known,  JH was screaming from the touchline at both sides to not score and keep the result at 2-2 which would mean that we would both stay up. As there was no such thing as smart phones in those days, the crowd and even some of the players took a while to cotton on to the situation and simply stopped playing whilst our fullbacks passed the ball backwards and forwards between themselves and Ray Cashley in goal. The poor ref really did not know what to do in this bizarre situation. Magical day never to be forgetten.

3 hours ago, jayjay said:

It was only "fixed" in so far as Jimmy Hill delayed the teams coming out for the second half so that our match would finish later. This meant that Coventry and City would know the Sunderland result in advance and when it was known,  JH was screaming from the touchline at both sides to not score and keep the result at 2-2 which would mean that we would both stay up. As there was no such thing as smart phones in those days, the crowd and even some of the players took a while to cotton on to the situation and simply stopped playing whilst our fullbacks passed the ball backwards and forwards between themselves and Ray Cashley in goal. The poor ref really did not know what to do in this bizarre situation. Magical day never to be forgetten.

For the young'uns, that's a "Yes, it was fixed" :P

It was only "fixed" in so far as Jimmy Hill delayed the teams coming out for the second half so that our match would finish later. 

I remember the KO was delayed about 15 minutes to allow the thousands that had queued up the M5 from Bristol to get in the ground. Which seemed legit. Wasn't aware of this alleged skullduggery though. No wonder Sunderland fans still hate the long-faced one so much. 

Never heard that story either til now. 

Even more respect for Jimmy Hill and his chin. 

9 hours ago, shelts said:

If we get the two being touted on here,  Baker and Ripley then it might look like things are falling into place .

The massive inevitable loss of Flinty will be a little more gentle if these two arrive and dare I say it, we might we be overall slightly stronger

Exciting times at BS3. COYR

Agree with you mate...baker signing softens the blow of losing flint imo...gk looks like will be coming through the door before end of window.

one more for me and that is a creative midfielder to replace Tomlin...I am actually happy with our strikers once they are all fit

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Agree with you mate...baker signing softens the blow of losing flint imo...gk looks like will be coming through the door before end of window.

one more for me and that is a creative midfielder to replace Tomlin...I am actually happy with our strikers once they are all fit

4 strikers plus bobby who can be versatile is fine with me

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can't disagree with your post 

Archived