IGNORED

Millwall game - Kick Off time (Merged)

Red Army 75

Millwall Football Club wishes to make its supporters aware of a potential change to kick-off time when The Lions travel to Ashton Gate to face Bristol City on Saturday 19th August.

The game is currently scheduled to begin at 3pm but the club has been advised that it may be moved to an earlier time the same day. 

The club is in continued discussions to try and avoid a change at this late stage and will provide supporters with a further update in due course in order to help avoid additional disruption to travel plans. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Millwall Football Club wishes to make its supporters aware of a potential change to kick-off time when The Lions travel to Ashton Gate to face Bristol City on Saturday 19th August.

The game is currently scheduled to begin at 3pm but the club has been advised that it may be moved to an earlier time the same day. 

The club is in continued discussions to try and avoid a change at this late stage and will provide supporters with a further update in due course in order to help avoid additional disruption to travel plans. 

Pathetic, no need for it. 

Bet plenty of Millwall fans have already booked trains already.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind this late change, considering the fixtures were released over a month ago

Be great if the club refused. Cardiff home games have been ruined atmosphere wise the past two seasons cause of this.

Just now, Carey 6 said:

Be great if the club refused. Cardiff home games have been ruined atmosphere wise the past two seasons cause of this.

Good theory ,

until they lose their Safety Licence for the game (Assuming it's on Police advice / recommendation / ? intelligence ?)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good theory ,

until they lose their Safety Licence for the game (Assuming it's on Police advice / recommendation / ? intelligence ?)

Doubt anything that drastic would happen. Just a higher cost of policing at the game. But guarantee you'd get more away fans going for a 3pm than a 12pm. Also sell more in the ground beforehand. 12pm is too early.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Doubt anything that drastic would happen. Just a higher cost of policing at the game. But guarantee you'd get more away fans going for a 3pm than a 12pm. Also sell more in the ground beforehand. 12pm is too early.

Don't think it works quite like that

Its a potential solution , dependent on what the Police viewpoint is , but I'm not sure we could just stick two fingers up or bully the Police into accepting a 3pm ko

( I don't disagree with your sentiments -(Just pointing out the practicalities)

Just imagine if the Club went against all advice , even if they could, and a serious incident or disorder occurred - they'd be ripped to shreds 

( I've never quite believed that those determined on a ruck will say ' Oh I'll have to get up earlier , I can't be bothered')

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't think it works quite like that

Its a potential solution , dependent on what the Police viewpoint is , but I'm not sure we could just stick two fingers up or bully the Police into accepting a 3pm ko

( I don't disagree with your sentiments -(Just pointing out the practicalities)

Just imagine if the Club went against all advice , even if they could, and a serious incident or disorder occurred - they'd be ripped to shreds 

( I've never quite believed that those determined on a ruck will say ' Oh I'll have to get up earlier , I can't be bothered')

I don't think the club should go against all advice, I just don't think we should roll over and accept their request for a 12pm kick off for a game where there's no real rivalry there. 

We'll end up with Birmingham/Wolves/any game with the slightest bit of chance of trouble being changed soon enough. 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I don't think the club should go against all advice, I just don't think we should roll over and accept their request for a 12pm kick off for a game where there's no real rivalry there. 

We'll end up with Birmingham/Wolves/any game with the slightest bit of chance of trouble being changed soon enough. 

The fixtures have been out for several weeks now. Milwall will always be a high profile game, if the police wanted an early kick off this should have been sorted several weeks ago. 

Like others have said, there will be plenty of milwall fans who have arranged travel arrangements for the game likewise our own fans who don't live in Bristol 

1 minute ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I've never really understood the logic in an early kick-off preventing any trouble. Surely there is now more time after the game to police people outside of the ground?

Yup and people upset about the result. Who's to say the Police have requested it, I spoke to one recently about football and they rightly said if there are people out to cause trouble they will anyway, an hour or 3 isn't going to make much difference. Like you say they will just linger around afterwards. Perhaps the feeling is that people won't be drinking before the game if an early KO, but if people want to drink they will, no matter what time of day it is.

Wasnt the Cardiff game (similar situation with the fans) early as the council wanted to close the road for work on the metro bridge, I suspect the same bridge might need work right on this match day, how convenient?

5 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

No real rivalry are you kidding!!lets put it like this can you remember the year they came down and attacked the Blackhorse,the same game we emptied part of the dolman into the away end..etcetc..trust me there's rivalry alright!!

3 hours ago, Ashdangate said:

No real rivalry are you kidding!!lets put it like this can you remember the year they came down and attacked the Blackhorse,the same game we emptied part of the dolman into the away end..etcetc..trust me there's rivalry alright!!

When the park end was open & the away end (late 1980's?) I'm sure I remember Dolman A block sending wooden seat Frisbees into the Millwall fans. It was pandemonium before & after. Have I imagined this?

15 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

When the park end was open & the away end (late 1980's?) I'm sure I remember Dolman A block sending wooden seat Frisbees into the Millwall fans. It was pandemonium before & after. Have I imagined this?

No - was a mad mad day 

Crazy violence - Couple of stabbings , milk floats , transits and Millwall fans making bonfires in open end

14 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Crazy day. Think we lost as well after walshie missed a pen. 

Archived