IGNORED

Worldwide postage

kiwired

Went to buy my new City shirt to proudly wear  around NZ only to find it is going to cost me £60 to post 

It here , that's £15 more than the shirt costs.

I have bought City shirts in the past and it has only cost at most £20 to deliver , i would just like to thank City for

Pricing me out of wearing the latest shirt as I can't justify paying £105 for a football shirt . 

It's nothing to do with bcfc about the £60 customs charge. 

I work for a certain company with red vans and crowns on our shirts and deal with customs charges etc. Unfortunately the three most expensive are USA, Nz and Aus.

There's a standard customs charge then a added courier charge regarding to size and weight of parcel.

£60 to post something to NZ is expensive but just think how it's got to get there.

Nothing to do with bcfc and why should they have to bear the cost?

in perspective the £5 they wanted to send my shirt 5 miles down the road is far worse value than the £60 around the world !!

39 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's nothing to do with bcfc about the £60 customs charge. 

I work for a certain company with red vans and crowns on our shirts and deal with customs charges etc. Unfortunately the three most expensive are USA, Nz and Aus.

There's a standard customs charge then a added courier charge regarding to size and weight of parcel.

£60 to post something to NZ is expensive but just think how it's got to get there.

Nothing to do with bcfc and why should they have to bear the cost?

in perspective the £5 they wanted to send my shirt 5 miles down the road is far worse value than the £60 around the world !!

Must be all customs charges, but I'm surprised. There are hundreds of postal companies that charge a fraction for worldwide delivery on lighter items. Not so long ago I sent 2 motorcycle exhausts to California for less than £50.

Quick check on p4d.co.uk (one of many and not necessarily the cheapest) is pricey, but nowhere near £60.

Screenshot_20170729-080718.png

Going by Royal Mail site NZ is World Zone 2, tracked and signed for delivery for 1KG as a small parcel (will probably weigh less than that so could be cheaper) is £18.10, that should be delivered 5-7 days.

One thing you would have to check is if you have customs charges etc which would have to be paid to get the actual delivery. 

37 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Must be all customs charges, but I'm surprised. There are hundreds of postal companies that charge a fraction for worldwide delivery on lighter items. Not so long ago I sent 2 motorcycle exhausts to California for less than £50.

Quick check on p4d.co.uk (one of many and not necessarily the cheapest) is pricey, but nowhere near £60.

Screenshot_20170729-080718.png

The customs charge is set by government . Couriers fees do differ. I've sent things to USA with cheaper companies than Royal Mail and it's ended up damaged etc. Defiantly worth paying the extra £20 IMO. 

Still in shock we have fans in NZ!!

To be fair there would have to be some serious abuse to damage a shirt, especially if boxed up as well. I would pay more for more fragile items but wouldn't bother for a shirt.

10 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

But wherever they are, they still want to blame BCFC for everything!!!

:innocent06:

Not blaming City just not prepared to pay £60 postage for a £45 football shirt , I buy clothing from Fred perry , Lovell sport and banana fingers which is Bristol based climbing retailer and pay no more than £20 postage.

Last season I bought the Home City shirt and it cost £20 postage so clearly City have either changed who they deal with concerning world wide delivery or Royal Mail have increased postage prices.

13 minutes ago, kiwired said:

Not blaming City just not prepared to pay £60 postage for a £45 football shirt , I buy clothing from Fred perry , Lovell sport and banana fingers which is Bristol based climbing retailer and pay no more than £20 postage.

Last season I bought the Home City shirt and it cost £20 postage so clearly City have either changed who they deal with concerning world wide delivery or Royal Mail have increased postage prices.

Certainly sounded like it when you said:

"i would just like to thank City for Pricing me out of wearing the latest shirt as I can't justify paying £105 for a football shirt ."

:dunno:

On 29/07/2017 at 04:47, Dollymarie said:

Or work out postage costs, order a shirt, either get it posted to me or I can collect it, and then you send me the money to post it and I'll do that :) 

How does he know you won't try it on (the shirt)?

Didn't someone complain after one of your videos ended up on youtube last year??

tfj

I went on to the shop site and went through the checkout and found out that to send a shirt to Estonia the postage and packing was £40.  Now as you probably know Estonia is an EU country and therefore any item sent from another EU country does not have any Customs tariff.  I get lots of items on eBay that I can't get here and the most I have been charged for postage is £20 and that was for a large item, not a light football shirt.  So I cannot see how they can justify £40 to another EU country,  despite what other posters have said on here.

Archived