IGNORED

Darron Gibson

Charlie BCFC

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

That's interesting Kone was one of the players who did well last season IMO however I agree about Lens was awful two seasons back but did very well last season out on loan.

Heard a discussion with a NE reporter this morning who said Kone has been dire and his attitude stinks 

12 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

That's interesting Kone was one of the players who did well last season IMO however I agree about Lens was awful two seasons back but did very well last season out on loan.

Kone didn't do himself any favours last season by wanting a move to Everton & when Sunderland refused to let him go, he miraculously got a back injury & was unable to play for a number of games. And watching some of the Sunderland match 'highlights', he looked less than particularly interested, to say the least. Sunderland wanted £20m for him & on the evidence that I saw, I would struggle to give them £2m for him! No doubt he still wants out but I would imagine there aren't that many takers for him.

He came across as one of those ungrateful footballers who don't know how privileged they are to play football for a living & earn a ridiculous amount of money on a weekly basis.

29 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Kone didn't do himself any favours last season by wanting a move to Everton & when Sunderland refused to let him go, he miraculously got a back injury & was unable to play for a number of games. And watching some of the Sunderland match 'highlights', he looked less than particularly interested, to say the least. Sunderland wanted £20m for him & on the evidence that I saw, I would struggle to give them £2m for him! No doubt he still wants out but I would imagine there aren't that many takers for him.

He came across as one of those ungrateful footballers who don't know how privileged they are to play football for a living & earn a ridiculous amount of money on a weekly basis.

With all the media attention that was  around a particular young lad that was dying, and a big hearted footballer, it does make you wonder.

16 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

With all the media attention that was  around a particular young lad that was dying, and a big hearted footballer, it does make you wonder.

Maybe he was jealous because he definitely didn't come across as someone who cared about the club or anyone else around it.

59 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It's very low for someone to film the guy.

He's had a lot to overcome in his career and apparently drinking has been a side issue.

And people wander why a lot of players don't want to 'mingle' with the fans.

Sadly it goes with the territory these days.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Heard a discussion with a NE reporter this morning who said Kone has been dire and his attitude stinks 

Didn't he get booed off yesterday when substituted, his performance was that poor?

40 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

He's definitely allowed to drink but not that heavily surely 

Not this close to the new season. Would have an effect on him in training and getting prepared for the first game if hes as sloshed as its being made out.

• Admin

Sunderland have confirmed Darron Gibson will face an internal disciplinary process after he was filmed appearing to criticise team-mates after Saturday's 5-0 loss to Celtic.

Midfielder Gibson, 29, has been at Sunderland since joining from Everton in January, making 12 appearances.

"Darron Gibson has not conducted himself in a manner befitting Sunderland AFC," a club statement said.

"We will initiate our internal disciplinary process."

The statement added: "Darron has apologised this (Monday) morning."

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Was having this discussion in the pub on Friday night, if they get off to a bad start they could be in for a long season. Tough league

Have a good friend who is a Sunderland fan who seems to think because they have a couple of technically good players they'll walk the league... Absolutely clueless... Not got a clue what planet these Premier League teams are living on. Especially given Sunderland were always and will always be a shit one...

27 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Have a good friend who is a Sunderland fan who seems to think because they have a couple of technically good players they'll walk the league... Absolutely clueless... Not got a clue what planet these Premier League teams are living on. Especially given Sunderland were always and will always be a shit one...

Ha, ain't that the truth. Done very little in the last 30 / 35 years, but a 'massive' club

Ugh, hope we hump them home and away

Archived