IGNORED

It sounds like we are going to be "harder to beat" this season.....

Jack Dawe

6 hours ago, gl1 said:

I think it's from that game at home, can't remember the opposition where even the most casual fan could see the relentless baiting, cynical tugs, and dodgy tackles metered out to Baker once he had his yellow. Everyone around me was shouting for him to be subbed because we knew what was going to happen....and it did. 

Blackburn.

Was the first time I had seen City lose at this level.

Why doesn't everyone calm down, eh, Merrick's Marvellous and Jack Dawson, with all your chuff all and funny opening posts? We don't need to worry: there are clearly three worse teams than us. Millwall, er... Bolton with their transfer embargo. And, um, Barnsley who had to sell everyone and now only have 2 of their promotion squad left.

21st it is, then. 

22 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes it will. But with Tomlin gone I'm prepared to wager we'll score chuff all direct from free kicks and if Flint goes chuff all from corners.

Others identify more goals from midfield as important and I agree massively but the chances of that coming from our current options - honest triers all - are again chuff all, imho. I just don't get where the evidence is that Brownhill will suddenly become a 10 goals a season merchant - if someone can point to what he did last season to enlighten I'll be more than happy.  

I'm actually seeing Tomlin gone as a positive, all the play won't have to go through him now and other players can take on responsibility. We became very slow when we used Tomlin, very predictable. At least now with several players making moves, and players like Taylor maybe drawing defenders away we can expect the unexpected. I honestly think there won't be much between our top goal scorer and his teammates as quite a few players will have licence to shoot, we will get goals from all areas.

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm actually seeing Tomlin gone as a positive, all the play won't have to go through him now and other players can take on responsibility. We became very slow when we used Tomlin, very predictable. At least now with several players making moves, and players like Taylor maybe drawing defenders away we can expect the unexpected. I honestly think there won't be much between our top goal scorer and his teammates as quite a few players will have licence to shoot, we will get goals from all areas.

On balance I am too (sadly) but my post was in response to a request for more creativity from set pieces. In that respect, Tomlin leaving does not help,.

Archived