IGNORED

FFP

Bristol Rob

This article is a few months old now

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/06/parachute-payments-revealed-much-newcastle-championship-clubs-got-season-newcastle-united-qpr-aston-villa-norwich-city-huddersfield/

But it got me thinking... clubs that don't receive parachute payments bit are dropping a fortune on signings.

Wednesday have made some expensive signings are they likely to reach the FFP limit? Likewise Derby and QPR don't seem to be afraid of shelling out a bit of wonga.

Will this season finally see a relaxed approach to club finances punished, are are these clubs actually within the threshold, and if so, how?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/06/parachute-payments-revealed-much-newcastle-championship-clubs-got-season-newcastle-united-qpr-aston-villa-norwich-city-huddersfield/

But it got me thinking... clubs that don't receive parachute payments bit are dropping a fortune on signings.

Wednesday have made some expensive signings are they likely to reach the FFP limit? Likewise Derby and QPR don't seem to be afraid of shelling out a bit of wonga.

Will this season finally see a relaxed approach to club finances punished, are are these clubs actually within the threshold, and if so, how?

they already get punished, now the punishment isn't good enough, but that's a different debate

Forest, Bolton, QPR all had transfer embargo's recently 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

QPR have properly stopped shelling out wonga now. Only two new signings, various departures and Holloway is talking about relying on youth players. They still have a handful of players on big money and I'm guessing it will be a year or two before those contracts end but they are not by any means the big spenders they once were...

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Problem is, FFP is now done over 3 years.

Wolves would have no chance of passing otherwise, but they now have a season to sell these players they have spent a fortune on.

I've always been of the opinion that you can tell how successful a club is by how worried the fans are about FFP. If the fans worry about the spending habits of the owner, they have no faith in the owners and coaching staff, and ultimately the club will have a bad year. If the fans are happy to spend, they expect success, and the club is judged on that spending.

A lot of you put far too much emphasis on passing FFP when it's ultimately an exercise in ensuring that owners money is going through the club. If the owner can afford £15m then there's nothing wrong with spending it, especially on younger talent, especially if the price tag is justified. If the worst happens, that club will probably be able to sell for the same price next season.

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I could';t get past the (dj) jazzy (jeff) adverts everywhere, blinding me from the facts, presumably. This is a fanzine? is that what an online fanzine looks like? Like the Evening Post? Blimey. It's worth than the sight of all that money going down QPR's arse...

Archived