IGNORED

Disabled tickets

kevthered

I want to take my GF's son to watch Barnsley Saturday with my disabled future stepson who is wheelchair bound. Phoned up City ticket office who informed me they would have to have proof that he was indeed disabled. I told them that his leg is missing but that's not enough they wanted his personal independance payment number and address details and email phone number etc....Being a bit deaf I said it would be easier if I went down to the office with the required information... the line says open Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00 and match days so met up with disabled stepson after it took him a hour to get ready and wheelchair in the car battling our way through the Bristol traffic, we gets in the car park unloads wheelchair all excited to see the ground and do the business...... Great they're bloody closed for staff meetings.....

8 minutes ago, kevthered said:

I want to take my GF's son to watch Barnsley Saturday with my disabled future stepson who is wheelchair bound. Phoned up City ticket office who informed me they would have to have proof that he was indeed disabled. I told them that his leg is missing but that's not enough they wanted his personal independance payment number and address details and email phone number etc....Being a bit deaf I said it would be easier if I went down to the office with the required information... the line says open Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00 and match days so met up with disabled stepson after it took him a hour to get ready and wheelchair in the car battling our way through the Bristol traffic, we gets in the car park unloads wheelchair all excited to see the ground and do the business...... Great they're bloody closed for staff meetings.....

That's not good…I hope you get it sorted.

Take a photo of it and email it to supporter services.

We all have to do it, even proof of age too.

Unfortunately those of us trustworthy ones have to sometimes do a bit extra to prove things, because there are some people who play the system (take the pi$$).

18 minutes ago, kevthered said:

I think you should raise this with senior officials at the club and make a complaint. This is appalling. City are doing some fine things in the local community and I am sure those in the key positions would be horrified if they heard your story. Plainly, some admin worker is just going through the motions but my goodness this is a poor show... 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

The meeting today is the annual one where literally everyone playing and non playing side is brought in

Just a very unfortunate timing of events

Understand that just annoyed they did not say...is there anything on website can't see anything...Can't see why  you should have to go through this anyhow..you push the person in and say I would like two tickets for me and him in the chair ..."ok thank you very much" job done

There is:

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/store-supporter-services-to-close-early/

Still a pisser for Kev even so.

I'm guessing that the procedure is because some people are not obviously disabled; though why someone would pretend to be so when they're not escapes me.

Well done on taking them down the Gate Kev and I hope you successfully get there.

28 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There is:

I'm guessing that the procedure is because some people are not obviously disabled; though why someone would pretend to be so when they're not escapes me.

Well done on taking them down the Gate Kev and I hope you successfully get there.

Thanks Eddie..I'm trying to convert him from a plastic armchair Manure fan to being a proper football fan and I think i'm winning I only looked at the BCFC.co.uk never look at Bristol sport

56 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There is:

Because the Carer gets a free ticket.  It sad that people abuse it, but that's some of the society we live in.

It is a pisser, but if you email it, and phone Gareth, you'll get sorted.

55 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

@AdamB

Gareth Torpy
Supporter Services Team Leader & Disability Liaison Officer

T: 0117 9630 600
E: 
gareth.torpy@bristol-sport.co.uk
W: www.bristol-sport.co.uk

Just to reiterate what Dave has said, Gareth was really helpful for me & my son when looking at getting a season ticket. Right down to advising us on which seats available would suit my sons needs best. Understand your frustrations though! COYR

35 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Just to reiterate what Dave has said, Gareth was really helpful for me & my son when looking at getting a season ticket. Right down to advising us on which seats available would suit my sons needs best. Understand your frustrations though! COYR

Another thumbs up for Gareth.

Hope you get it sorted.  Facilities at the club are much better now, and once you have proof registered you'll enjoy the same discounts at clubs that reciprocate.  Well worth persevering.

24 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If this is for a one-off game this is ridiculous. They wouldn't do that to away fans and I've never been asked for proof at an away fixture. 

Season tickets is a different matter. 

Poor show. 

Not trying to defend the club, but they already know us when we purchase away tickets, so it's easy.

I had to do this for Emirates Cup, but they (Arsenal) need faxed copy of DLA letter or posted (no guarantee of getting it back).  They wouldn't accept email!  I went to local library (50p per sheet - 8 pages £4.00), and then the fax didn't connect.....twice :grr:

Luckily someone pointed me in the direction of the fax app on iPhone and I did that.

It is a pain though, agreed.

4 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

I think you should raise this with senior officials at the club and make a complaint. This is appalling. City are doing some fine things in the local community and I am sure those in the key positions would be horrified if they heard your story. Plainly, some admin worker is just going through the motions but my goodness this is a poor show... 

Why? It was put all over the clubs website that it was shutting today. I had to go down to prove my age the other day. As already said just an unfortunate occurrence this once 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not trying to defend the club, but they already know us when we purchase away tickets, so it's easy.

I had to do this for Emirates Cup, but they (Arsenal) need faxed copy of DLA letter or posted (no guarantee of getting it back).  They wouldn't accept email!  I went to local library (50p per sheet - 8 pages £4.00), and then the fax didn't connect.....twice :grr:

Luckily someone pointed me in the direction of the fax app on iPhone and I did that.

It is a pain though, agreed.

I've purchased away tickets direct from the club in question in the past. They don't ask. Milton Keynes is one example. 

What time/day did you phone and what time/day did you go to the stadium? If it wasn't the same day, maybe the person on the phone didn't realise/know you were coming straight away. If they did, then a complaint is justified.

We've always been treated exceptionally well by the club. My wife is Ambulant Disabled and following a recent spinal operation we were allowed to move from our usual seats to the wheelchair section during her recovery period.

Archived