IGNORED

Wilbraham's departure - suspicious?

Fordy62

9 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i think his wife threatened no more nooky if he didnt go home this season

As a married man and parent of a similar age to Wilbs, I'm confused by the appearance of these two words. The implication here is that 'nooky' is an option if certain conditions are satisfied? Could you outline what they are? If I have to move to Bolton I think I'm fine with the status quo

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I'd wholly understand and accept that he wanted to move up north and we cancelled his contract out of respect of it weren't for that deleted article. 

It just makes sense that higher beings got involved.

I saw an early Tweet saying , Bolton in surprising swoop for very experienced forward . Straight away I thought Wilbs. I also thought we would have come out with the usual blurb ........  Great servant , loyal and deserved to be given a free as Bolton offered a longer deal/ could give him more football.
This is where the club is a let down, simple info being passed on. It would have put the club in a good light. and it could have been seen as a goos gesture in a cynical grabbing world. As it is we get nada and are left to guess. 
I did see a Northern journo (I think) saying we cancelled his contract to get the move through . I would guess about terms , but would imagine he would have more opportunities for games up there.

10 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Bolton fans on twitter were saying last night that they can't pay more than £5k/wk with the emabrgo

The 'undisclosed' part - is it possible that Bolton still needed to pay a fee, of sorts, to release AW from the contract, but as it wasn't 100% a playing contract he signed here then maybe it wasn't a transfer fee, as such?

Just been watching 'Suits', Harvey and Mike would know for sure, they know a way around everything those two

That would be my guess too. Maybe he had a clause in his contact that could be bought out if someone offered him more playing time/ was closer to home or something.

Anyway he's gone and we now need two things, another striker but just as important another 'Daddy' for the squad. 

Love Suits. 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

That would be my guess too. Maybe he had a clause in his contact that could be bought out if someone offered him more playing time/ was closer to home or something.

Anyway he's gone and we now need two things, another striker but just as important another 'Daddy' for the squad. 

Love Suits. 

How about 'Daddy Robbored-could introduce the lads to bowling.....not as a striker I may add!!

Alby wanted to play. We wanted him to coach. The compromise was a playing deal for a year, where he was told he wouldn't be playing much, with the option of a further year coaching only. Bolton came in promising a better deal playing wise and was obviously nearer home. When he came here he promised his family he would be away from them for 2 years and then the extension was too good to turn down so signed again. 

I believe we were training him ( am I allowed to say grooming now) to be a future assistant here. But Bolton have taken him from us as we couldn't give him what he wanted. I fully expect him to play for Bolton and take a coaching roll with them after the year is up, our loss is their gain.

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

Just watched all of the interview.

To be precise he said Cotterill was "massive" for him.

Didn't mention LJ by name but did refer to a talk with the "manager" which made him "lose his fight" and "feel defeated", hence why he left.

A bit selective there, Nick.  He had nothing but good things to say about how the club is NOW, but said he was disappointed that he wasn't going to be more involved.  Absolutely nothing in the interview that could be used as a stick to beat Johnson with.  I've just been waiting for someone to say that it's a disgrace that Lee didn't guarantee him a starting place every week...

Just now, RedM said:

Alby wanted to play. We wanted him to coach. The compromise was a playing deal for a year, where he was told he wouldn't be playing much, with the option of a further year coaching only. Bolton came in promising a better deal playing wise and was obviously nearer home. When he came here he promised his family he would be away from them for 2 years and then the extension was too good to turn down so signed again. 

I believe we were training him ( am I allowed to say grooming now) to be a future assistant here. But Bolton have taken him from us as we couldn't give him what he wanted. I fully expect him to play for Bolton and take a coaching roll with them after the year is up, our loss is their gain.

I wish him well, and he's right up there for me with Norman Hunter as our best 'experienced' signing, but could anyone really see him playing a significant role on the pitch this season?  Clearly he didn't want to move his family down from the North, and unless he did that his stay here was never going to be long-term.  

Very sad to see such a model professional go. His value round the club as an experienced, grounded person (seemingly) will sorely be missed. Pretty sure he was someone all the Cotts players looked up to and incoming players did, too. Can't say the same about Gary O'Neil, partly no fault of his own, and there isn't really another older professional in the same mould. 

But part of his being grounded and steady is the fact he seems to be a real family man (remember his running to celebrate with his mum [nan?] v Blackburn at home and his talk of being near his kids). You can't deny someone that, being near their kids when they (the kids) are young. He's probably pushed it with his staying here longer than he expected/promised. 

Quite sad to hear him say, on the website, he felt 'defeated' and 'lost his fight a bit' and knowing that maybe he wouldn't have had his heart in it 100% as he has up till now. He has kept himself so fit and obviously feels he still has another season of 20/25 games and 8 goals in him. Who's to doubt him on that? He knows his body better than anyone, even the physios, surely.

What a servant to the club in this day and age of ridiculous transfers and wages, buggering off when you can't get in the team, sulking when not picked etc. From the outside he has looked to be one of the best employees of our club for many a year, no peeing in pint pots at the races, no fighting on the pitch, no silly social media rubbish.

Those 21 goals 2014/15, those angled flick-ons to a running Joe Bryan et al, those unexpected Championship goals (newcastle away in particular was a delight) and leading-the-line sub appearances won't be forgotten in a hurry. Top, top man. Good luck to him and his family. Amen!

I knew people would be wary of picking up and running with the 'alien's' factor, it does seem rather scary, as indeed all mysteries and unexplained events tend to be. That's why most people search for easier to swallow, more comfortable solutions to things and prefer to hide under the duvet's rather than face a difficult possible reality... That's why, for now, I've refrained from mentioning the 'Lizard people' of Ashton Gate. The ones with a weird 'ladies fanny' type i.d. 'hidden in plain sight' in logo form, bull-s***! I hear some of you cry, but this is no BS believe me, the things that go on behind the scenes at the Gate are largely undisclosed and for good reason, the Lizards running the place and pulling all the strings don't want you to know, and don't want anyone getting too close and rocking the boat.. There its out there now, for those of you brave enough and strong enough to handle the reptilian truth.. the others can continue swallowing the 'official' versions of events, the comfortable unreal reality that they want you to believe .... but there is always an air of BS around the Gate nowadays you must realise that. Ignoring the Lizard People facts is an option most will take, in a similar way that they shy away from the aliens... Anyway V .

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

I knew people would be wary of picking up and running with the 'alien's' factor, it does seem rather scary, as indeed all mysteries and unexplained events tend to be. That's why most people search for easier to swallow, more comfortable solutions to things and prefer to hide under the duvet's rather than face a difficult possible reality... That's why, for now, I've refrained from mentioning the 'Lizard people' of Ashton Gate. The ones with a weird 'ladies fanny' type i.d. 'hidden in plain sight' in logo form, bull-s***! I hear some of you cry, but this is no BS believe me, the things that go on behind the scenes at the Gate are largely undisclosed and for good reason, the Lizards running the place and pulling all the strings don't want you to know, and don't want anyone getting too close and rocking the boat.. There its out there now, for those of you brave enough and strong enough to handle the reptilian truth.. the others can continue swallowing the 'official' versions of events, the comfortable unreal reality that they want you to believe .... but there is always an air of BS around the Gate nowadays you must realise that. Ignoring the Lizard People facts is an option most will take, in a similar way that they shy away from the aliens... Anyway V .

A drop too much mouthwash this morning WH? :)

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Very sad to see such a model professional go. His value round the club as an experienced, grounded person (seemingly) will sorely be missed. Pretty sure he was someone all the Cotts players looked up to and incoming players did, too. Can't say the same about Gary O'Neil, partly no fault of his own, and there isn't really another older professional in the same mould. 

But part of his being grounded and steady is the fact he seems to be a real family man (remember his running to celebrate with his mum [nan?] v Blackburn at home and his talk of being near his kids). You can't deny someone that, being near their kids when they (the kids) are young. He's probably pushed it with his staying here longer than he expected/promised. 

Quite sad to hear him say, on the website, he felt 'defeated' and 'lost his fight a bit' and knowing that maybe he wouldn't have had his heart in it 100% as he has up till now. He has kept himself so fit and obviously feels he still has another season of 20/25 games and 8 goals in him. Who's to doubt him on that? He knows his body better than anyone, even the physios, surely.

What a servant to the club in this day and age of ridiculous transfers and wages, buggering off when you can't get in the team, sulking when not picked etc. From the outside he has looked to be one of the best employees of our club for many a year, no peeing in pint pots at the races, no fighting on the pitch, no silly social media rubbish.

Those 21 goals 2014/15, those angled flick-ons to a running Joe Bryan et al, those unexpected Championship goals (newcastle away in particular was a delight) and leading-the-line sub appearances won't be forgotten in a hurry. Top, top man. Good luck to him and his family. Amen!

Agreed. Last of the old school. Good luck fella.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

A bit selective there, Nick.  He had nothing but good things to say about how the club is NOW, but said he was disappointed that he wasn't going to be more involved.  Absolutely nothing in the interview that could be used as a stick to beat Johnson with.  I've just been waiting for someone to say that it's a disgrace that Lee didn't guarantee him a starting place every week...

Nothing selective at all.

Yes he said he has enjoyed BRISTOL and has enjoyed being at the CLUB and has made a lot of friends with the STAFF.

When it comes to the MANAGERS, I have reproduced the only comments made where he refers to Cotterill or LJ.

Read into his comments as you will, but my post was 100% factual with nothing omitted as to comments about the managers.

My view is its indicative that Cotterill commanded respect from his players whereas LJ doesn't. That's my view.

7 hours ago, NickJ said:

Just watched all of the interview.

To be precise he said Cotterill was "massive" for him.

Didn't mention LJ by name but did refer to a talk with the "manager" which made him "lose his fight" and "feel defeated", hence why he left.

Agree with you, didn't get the impression he was that keen on LJ - albeit from a 5 minute snippet.

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Nothing selective at all.

Yes he said he has enjoyed BRISTOL and has enjoyed being at the CLUB and has made a lot of friends with the STAFF.

When it comes to the MANAGERS, I have reproduced the only comments made where he refers to Cotterill or LJ.

Read into his comments as you will, but my post was 100% factual with nothing omitted as to comments about the managers.

My view is its indicative that Cotterill commanded respect from his players whereas LJ doesn't. That's my view.

Just to back you up - your comments are 100% accurate. 

Wilbs did say Cotts was "massive" for him. 

Wilbs did say that after a conversation with "the manager" he felt "deflated" and "lost his fight". FACT. 

You don't accidentally use words like that when talking to the media. 

Ive no idea whether or not that's a dig at LJ (how could I?) but for people to disputed the fact if the words used wrong.

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

It was ever thus.

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Hmm,  want proof?...

They're everywhere and its not cool.  Would I lie to you?

Always Believe !   V 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j3kbOoEH9g

5 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Well said.

Re that Newcastle goal - it's one of the best headed goals I've ever seen, I think. Definitely by a City player at any rate.

Archived