IGNORED

Sunderland v Derby

Lanterne Rouge

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Only having a passing interest in this game my mind wandered to associated things. The scoreboard at upper left on the screen showed the first three letters of each team's name SUN & DER. Coincidentally, DER follows SUN in the name Sunderland. How many other matches give that possible scenario?

BRIstol v STOke, MANchester v CHElsea, GILlingham v LINcoln, CAMbridge v BRIghton and allowing for misprints OXFord v FORest Green and IPSwich v WYCombe.

far too much time on your hands!

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Only having a passing interest in this game my mind wandered to associated things. The scoreboard at upper left on the screen showed the first three letters of each team's name SUN & DER. Coincidentally, DER follows SUN in the name Sunderland. How many other matches give that possible scenario?

BRIstol v STOke, MANchester v CHElsea, GILlingham v LINcoln, CAMbridge v BRIghton and allowing for misprints OXFord v FORest Green and IPSwich v WYCombe.

You missed the obvious one PETboro v BORO    :cool:

2 hours ago, 22A said:

There are some international games where one nation is spelled out.

Ie. Sweden vs Denmark gives SWE-DEN

edit- beaten to it

11 hours ago, 22A said:

Sweden vs Denmark 

Swe/Den 

The remaining letters are Den/Mark

Archived