IGNORED

Barnsley

Londoner

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I find their fans a bit irritating actually - there's a couple that used to spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum subtly trying to spin everything into 'Lee Johnson sucks and Heckingbottom is much better' and 'Barnsley's recruitment set up is much better than yours' which got a bit tiresome.

Am I one of them? I hope not. I like to think that I just occasionally come on here to talk football shit with proper football fans. I would admit that I signed up originally in my glee that LJ had buggered off but then found this to be a great site so have continued to post on and off.

It seems like you declared at half time yesterday. Not sure whether to be relieved or embarrassed about that. It is perfectly clear that we are going to struggle like hell this season. You simply can't sell virtually a whole team and replace with lower league nobodies and expect to end up with anything other than a lower league side. It was clear towards the end of last season that more talent was going to leave and I had a bad sense of forboding about what was coming. I can't say that anything has happened to change my mind.

We are missing 3 or 4 players at the moment who are likely to be first team regulars so am hanging my hat making some kind of difference. But it is a bit of a forlone hope. I expect us to be relegated this season. It could well be a shambles. I am not sure if it is just a case of too many players looking to move on at the same time because we can't compete on wages so we may as well take the money. Or whether it is all deliberate on the clubs part to prepare for life after Patrick Cryne. But there us nothing I can do about it. We are where we are. Can't say I am looking forward to the season ahead though.

I reckon you guys are looking at a solid top half finish. Probably not quite enough to worry the top 6. But good luck trying eh ;)

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Based on what we saw today I be very resigned to relegation if I were a Tyke. If fact they were signing. "We're going down" so I guess they're not hoping for an improvement in performances and form

That's very impressive. All of them using macaton for the benefit of the hard of hearing in the crowd.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Based on what we saw today I be very resigned to relegation if I were a Tyke. If fact they were signing. "We're going down" so I guess they're not hoping for an improvement in performances and form

If you're referring to after they scored - they were singing 'We are going up' and having a laugh

8 minutes ago, redsfan said:

Am I one of them? I hope not. I like to think that I just occasionally come on here to talk football shit with proper football fans. I would admit that I signed up originally in my glee that LJ had buggered off but then found this to be a great site so have continued to post on and off.

It seems like you declared at half time yesterday. Not sure whether to be relieved or embarrassed about that. It is perfectly clear that we are going to struggle like hell this season. You simply can't sell virtually a whole team and replace with lower league nobodies and expect to end up with anything other than a lower league side. It was clear towards the end of last season that more talent was going to leave and I had a bad sense of forboding about what was coming. I can't say that anything has happened to change my mind.

We are missing 3 or 4 players at the moment who are likely to be first team regulars so am hanging my hat making some kind of difference. But it is a bit of a forlone hope. I expect us to be relegated this season. It could well be a shambles. I am not sure if it is just a case of too many players looking to move on at the same time because we can't compete on wages so we may as well take the money. Or whether it is all deliberate on the clubs part to prepare for life after Patrick Cryne. But there us nothing I can do about it. We are where we are. Can't say I am looking forward to the season ahead though.

I reckon you guys are looking at a solid top half finish. Probably not quite enough to worry the top 6. But good luck trying eh ;)

Do you know the lad who does the V-Log Reds ?

Seems a real decent lad - a good fan - poor bloke you could see the stress and pain that we all recognise !

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do you know the lad who does the V-Log Reds ?

Seems a real decent lad - a good fan - poor bloke you could see the stress and pain that we all recognise !

Can't say that I do, sorry. Contrary to well worn jokes ( in my family at least), there are more than a few dozen of us. I don't know them all ;)

I don't even get asked to take my boots in case I get a game. Although I am not ruling that out this season!

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Reactions from t'other side

For those interested

Thought Heckinbotham seemed 'realistic' about their situation

And a fans persoective

Seems like a decent lad / proper supporter and it shows the pain the game can cause us !!

I really can't see Barnsley staying up with this coach .

He looks drained and defeated already . 

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I really can't see Barnsley staying up with this coach .

He looks drained and defeated already . 

I think he seems like a pretty decent sort of guy when i hear him speak. I'm not sure he is being properly backed. Gonna be a big ask to stay up and seems weird saying that already.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What have they done with all the money?

What have they sold, 8 players ? Most of them for decent money too, you'd hope that their fans would be asking that question, otherwise they start to look like the Squatters. Selling players for big profit with no re-investment in the team, a slippery slope.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

What have they sold, 8 players ? Most of them for decent money too, you'd hope that their fans would be asking that question, otherwise they start to look like the Squatters. Selling players for big profit with no re-investment in the team, a slippery slope.

My mate is fuming with the owners.

Don't forget the money they got from Stones move etc.

All being eaten up by the owners.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What have they done with all the money?

One of their fans who visits here, @Rascal maybe, went into a lot of detail about how it gets spent when he was asked the same question last season. There is lots of investment in infrastructure at the training ground and stuff like that IIRC. If he`s about perhaps he could refresh our memories as it seemed to make sense at the time.

Hello friends!

We were poor yesterday. However we were playing with about 6 new players. We also have about 4 of our best players out so although you walked over us easily it didnt surprise me.

First game of season, away at a decent team so why are we going to be relegated? :laugh:

Some crazy statements getting tossed about tbf.

Its going to take at least 10 games at a guess to find out our best team and formation and get the players to gel as a team and anyone with any sense would know this!

Big majority of our players are 24 and under and mostly have no Championship experience so could we be relegated? Of course! Do we or anyone else know this after one game? NO!

Il come back after 10 games and see how we are getting on :)

One thing i do know is that a mid table finish for you lot will be a very good result so dont be getting to excited ;) 

33 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Hello friends!

We were poor yesterday. However we were playing with about 6 new players. We also have about 4 of our best players out so although you walked over us easily it didnt surprise me.

First game of season, away at a decent team so why are we going to be relegated? :laugh:

Its going to take at least 10 games at a guess to find out our best team and formation and get the players to gel as a team and anyone with any sense would know this!

Big majority of our players are 24 and under and mostly have no Championship experience so could we be relegated? Of course! Do we or anyone else know this after one game? NO!

One thing i do know is that a mid table finish for you lot will be a very good result so dont be getting to excited ;) 

A midtable finish for us will be fantastic, staying up for you would be equally fantastic (for you).

Sorry to write it but I still dont think either team will achieve this, I think we will both end up in or around the relegation zone.

They were poor, but we were outstanding for much of the first half which dented their confidence obviously. Second half we dropped right off and they looked better without doing much. Although I was annoyed at the time I thought about it and was glad we conceded, we aren't the finished article and needed that reality check. We are going to have much bigger tests than how Barnsley played on Saturday, but that said we have bean beaten many times by performances like Barnsley's too.

On 05/08/2017 at 20:39, monkeyboy said:

Yep, that was 2012/13 I think. Baldock was paraded at half time and we did Cardiff 4-2 a couple of days later. Was mostly downhill from there - McInnes gave way for SOD and we finished 24th by some 14 points.

I think it was the same time that Bolasie signed for Palace. We were laughing at his choice of club because we'd thrashed them :noexp:

12 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Hello friends!

Hello Saul , welcome back .

You are , of course right , that nothing is won or lost on the first day of the season but you must be worried.

Your club have sold and not replaced quality players .

Barnsley struggle to attract players , you are not a fashionable club .

Your coach is giving off very negative vibes (  he may be too honest ) and that is the start of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Unless things change drastically and quickly I don't see you retaining your Championship status , sorry .

Just my opinion of course .

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Hello Saul , welcome back .

You are , of course right , that nothing is won or lost on the first day of the season but you must be worried.

Your club have sold and not replaced quality players .

Barnsley struggle to attract players , you are not a fashionable club .

Your coach is giving off very negative vibes (  he may be too honest ) and that is the start of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Unless things change drastically and quickly I don't see you retaining your Championship status , sorry .

Just my opinion of course .

Difficult to argue against your opinion.  But I do love how honest Hecky is.  We don't get any of this manager speak b0ll0cks with him.  What he says is (usually) actually interesting and informative stuff.  Very refreshing.

On 06/08/2017 at 12:41, BobBobSuperBob said:

For those interested

And a fans persoective

Seems like a decent lad / proper supporter and it shows the pain the game can cause us !!

Indeed-love his passion for his team & the game of football.felt his pain!

On 06/08/2017 at 12:41, BobBobSuperBob said:

For those interested

And a fans persoective

A top notch looking breakfast on the way too. 

Archived