IGNORED

Extended Highlights and BCTV subscription

Norn Iron

Whilst I welcome the club's decision to make it free to view (the £45 subscription gives us less value for money as a result) we still have to listen to a Playstation game commentator. OK, this bloke's real but we might as well use the PS software.

My thoughts:

Why can't we have the Radio Bristol audio feed synced to the video highlights (even BBC TV do that for some FA Cup highlights)?

We still have to endure the PS game commentator stating the flipping obvious (if you're viewing) plus a rapid delivery of statistics. 

If you watch the extended highlights from kick off, it took Playstationman 2 mins and 3 seconds before he named the first City player (Patterson).

I counted 4 City Players named in the extended highlights. Barnsley had 2 (Moncur and the goalscorer). 

He couldn't even name their keeper who made a string of good saves! 

How difficult is it for the Commentator to at least download a team sheet and name a few other players?

A few years ago, we had our own commentary team for the highlights. Brendon Mitchell being one of them. Why not this season under the new regime?

I know Adam's hands are tied somewhat by the EFL regulations (he's discussed a few already on another thread) but this commentator is embarrassing. He's doing several other matches every Saturday in the EFL so he sticks to basics: name the scorers, the ground, the weather, match stats and anything else he can describe whilst watching the playback.

Why did BCFC leave the FLIplayer if an outside company is still controlling all the audio and video highlights?

Unless I can use my log-in and password to access other teams (as in previous seasons) then for all the hype of BCTV, subscribers like me are clearly worse off.

Archived