IGNORED

Goals,

AppyDAZE

Energetic, attacking, high tempo attractive football at The Gate...  and it's us that's playing it!!

TFJ ?   I wouldn't call that cab just yet. 

Again, well done, Lee   Love what i'm seeing

Posted because players get the praise when it's good, managers get the flack when it's bad.

Just now, That Louie Donowa goal said:

I totally agree everything Lee Johnson promised but the test is Saturday, this is Bristol City after all it's never straight forward but enjoying the ride all the same.

True, but speaking purely on football terms, you can't question his philosophy. Really entertaining positive stuff. Did you see Bolton on Sunday? Holy shit, we could have Phil Parkinson and his band of merry anti-football heroes to watch week in week out. Again, love the football

2 minutes ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

I am glad he is still here at Christmas last year I did not if I'm honest but this young hungry team playing high tempo football is enjoyable on the eye. Can't see another bad losing streak happening this time, feels a fresh start crowd behind them 

I was loudly shouting for his head, but i'm not at all frightened to be wrong. This is the best footballing philosophy i've seen at City in quite a while. Really hoping it doesn't go wrong,  like you i know it can   

• Admin

I was discussing earlier how Johnson admitted to over coaching during the losing run. I think he was trying to get them to learn the requirements for this tactic during the height of it but ultimately stopped as confidence (in him?) was at a huge low. He went back to basics a bit and consistent team selections and we stayed up.

Much has now been made of our weak standard of pre-season opponents. I believe this was a deliberate act on Lee's part so that he could get them to learn this style of play whilst winning games of football and keeping confidence high.

The Football League then played into our hands as well by giving us Barnsley first game ;)

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I was discussing earlier how Johnson admitted to over coaching during the losing run. I think he was trying to get them to learn the requirements for this tactic during the height of it but ultimately stopped as confidence (in him?) was at a huge low. He went back to basics a bit and consistent team selections and we stayed up.

Much has now been made of our weak standard of pre-season opponents. I believe this was a deliberate act on Lee's part so that he could get them to learn this style of play whilst winning games of football and keeping confidence high.

The Football League then played into our hands as well by giving us Barnsley first game ;)

Good point. Brum away isn't easy or what you would call one of the toughest (on paper) either. And the Millwall, another candidate for a struggle.. so yeah    a real chance to grow some confidence and belief in our football.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Followed by Plymouth, lets hope for the hat trick Saturday . :yes:

Funnily enough , I said similar (to you main point) over the weekend. Playing opposition who we were not scared to take chances against , and the out come isn't the be all and end all.  

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Been waiting a hour for the goals, sky ******* . 5 goals at Ashton gate but they'll show highlights of a abandoned game at Grimsby :grr:

Unless I'm mistaken as they've gone through half of them again but our game wasn't shown in the round up?

24 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

So the Rovers get a highlights package and we just get the goals? Actully looked at the Newport goals and Cardiff as well, they all got a highlights package not just the goals :(

There is a guy in a white shirt right at the front of the Argyle fans and he is getting angrier and angrier as each goal goes in, :)

Archived