IGNORED

Excited

ollywhyte

21 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Is anyone else? I'm so happy with the squad, our depth and there seems to be a feel good factor at the moment!! Loved seeing Johnson bouncing to his song tonight! Let's get behind the lads each and every game, we have a young squad so that support is crucial especially when things aren't going our way which is unavoidable in such a long season!  Here's to a successful and enjoyable season!!

We haven't played an away game yet!. 

Seriously, we won 2 games ( pretty sure ? ) away from home during the whole of last season, so Birmingham and Brentford will give us an early indication of what sort of season we may have.

In simple terms, we have to improve our away form dramatically this season if we are to avoid a relegation battle.

4 hours ago, cynic said:

Excited ? No.

Optimistic ? Yes.

Its just two games, just out of the blocks, and two games against a weak, inexperienced Barnsley and a L1 team who made nine changes to the team that started last saturday. But we beat them with style, blew them both away and the games were won before half time with an aggregate score of 8-1 - can't ask for more than that.

I think the time to evaluate will be after the Villa game which takes us to the end of August and 5 games in.

Promising start.

Two decent home wins yes, I personally feel that we won't be able to evaluate until we have played 5 away games and seen how many points we have from those. 

Archived