IGNORED

August games

daored

Two games in and a great start, nine goals for and one against, having played Barnsley and Plymouth.

In front of us, two away games followed by two home games. What are people's expectations at the end of August.

Birmingham (a). Got a feeling we may end our poor run here on Saturday. Lost to Ipswich Saturday, but good win last night. However, 'Arry is moaning about a lack of quality. Think we may nick this game by the odd goal (1-2)

Brentford (a). Awful, awful there last season. Brentford are a good championship team, tough game for us but hopefully go into it on the back of an away win Saturday. A draw will be a good result (1-1)

Milwall (h). Like Barnsley, got to be beating teams like Milwall at home. Expecting a physical game. Home win (3-1)

Villa (h). Our toughest game so far, but we probably thought that last season.we always turn it on, when on TV. Villa may not have clicked by the time we play them. An old back line and hopefully we will press and play the quick game we've been playing so far this season. Draw for me (2-2).

8 points out of the next 12 will represent a really good start to the season. Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, daored said:

nine goals

Eight.

Seeing as I've corrected you I'll do you the courtesy of a proper reply as well.

Birmingham - Our first away game and in all honesty the first test of the season. 'Arry will be wanting to win and it will be interesting to see if anyone bothers to book Flint a return ticket.  I suspect we might get a score draw. 2-2.

Brentford - Many people's dark horses for a play off place.  I was there in the spring and yes it was dire.  However, this year we have Pisano at RB instead of Korey (who was piss poor at Griffin Park last season) and I think our central midfield is much improved.  Contain Woods and we've a chance.  I think this may be the one we just squeeze through. 3-2 to us.

Millwall - Really don't know.  A promoted team sometimes have that kick of enthusiasm, but we fared ok against promoted teams last august.  At home it seems we are excellent. 3-0 win.

Villa - Oh god how I'd love to win...however, I just can't see it.  I think Villa are going up this season, Bruce has got a hold of them and they'll be desperate not to spend a third season down here with the likes of us.  I think we'll see our first defeat. 2-1 to Villa.

So that's 7 points from the 12.

So that, for August would be WWDWWL - 10 points and 17F 7A GD+10 which would be pretty outstanding.

Id take a draw at Birmingham. If we can have good form at home this season and have an ok season away from home then that could lead to a comfortable 8th-10th finish.

Brum - 1-1

Brentford - 2-1 loss

Millwall - 2-1 win

Villa - 1-1

This would be fine for me, of course we all want better but trying to be realistic here. if we finish around the 10th - 12th that would show real progress.

The exciting thing is as good as we've been over the last two games, we will only get better. 

New players still bedding in, The Diedhiou & Reid partnership should be more effective the more they play together. 

Of course we will have off days as all teams do, but if we carry on playing this attacking, expansive brand of football we'll be a match for any team on our day.

4 points would be a great return from the two away games. I think we'll just about have to much for Birmingham and will win 2-1. Away to Brentford 1-1

Milwall surely has to be three points 2-0 and Villa which of course as mentioned previously will be our toughest test yet I'm going to go for a 1-1 draw.

8 points, leaving us unbeaten in the first month on 11 points and in the top six.  

Archived