IGNORED

Birmingham pubs

Two pubs I can recommend at the top end of New Street for those arriving a couple of hours before kick off are The Post Office Vaults and The Wellington.

The Vaults normally serves well over 30 different ciders while the Welly is more of your real ale type bar. You can bring your own food into either pub and, if its something like a curry or a Chinese they will even loan you a plate and cutlery.

Other good city centre venues are The Old Joint Stock which has a good range of beers and cider and serves good food but is a bit pricey and The Sun on the Hill which serves decent pub grub and the beer and cider is not too badly priced.

22 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Two pubs I can recommend at the top end of New Street for those arriving a couple of hours before kick off are The Post Office Vaults and The Wellington.

The Vaults normally serves well over 30 different ciders while the Welly is more of your real ale type bar. You can bring your own food into either pub and, if its something like a curry or a Chinese they will even loan you a plate and cutlery.

Other good city centre venues are The Old Joint Stock which has a good range of beers and cider and serves good food but is a bit pricey and The Sun on the Hill which serves decent pub grub and the beer and cider is not too badly priced.

With most pubs being relaxed about away fans these days, it may be helpful to warn us of the ones to definitely avoid.

26 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

With most pubs being relaxed about away fans these days, it may be helpful to warn us of the ones to definitely avoid.

All I know is that the only semi decent one close to the ground is the Cricketers as has been mentioned. I've not been in there but understand it is away fan 'tolerant'. As for the other pubs in the vicinity of the ground they are all best avoided. 

Brum town centre has numerous options where you can just blend in with the usual Saturday crowd. 

Archived