IGNORED

Striker

Buster

If Bobby Reid kept up his goalscoring ratio in the first two games over the course of a season then he would end up on 69 goals.

Obviously he won't do that but it seems harsh to judge him as not being a striker based on two games, especially when he is adapting to the position. Don't get me wrong - if there is a pacy natural finisher we can afford then I would go for them to give us a wide range of options but the fact is all strikers miss chances. I'm sure Baldock missed three or four chances a game when he scored 20 for us and both Kodjia and Tammy missed their share as well as scored them. The fact that Reid is getting into positions to miss from is massively promising for someone who is only just becoming a striker.

Today our shots to shots on target ratio was poor for sure and we need to work on it but, even though it sounds like we dropped off badly in the second half today, I am far from despondent. If the season so far has done anything, it has convinced me we are on the verge of having a bloody good team, perhaps even the best we have had in my twenty seven years of supporting the club. We need to learn to do it for ninety minutes but, if we do that, I honestly think this could be a superb season...

33 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Painful isn't it?

I like the idea that Dicko is his replacement......scored 3 last season....

Bobby is suffering from his old reputation re lack of end product. If we spent 5mill on him this summer we would hail him after that pre season and 3 goals in 2 games. 

Why im on the point, 2 of those 3 were typical Tammy poacher goals and the other was a great finish. 

3 hours ago, Buster said:

In my opinion we need to sign a championship proven striker to partner Farmma up top 

How many proven Championship strikers are there and how would we get one?

Actually, Burnley have had a £12m bid for Chris Wood turned down. Perhaps we should bid £15m?:whistle:

4 hours ago, WestonRobin said:

I agree

a more natural finisher would have scored when Bobby missed in the second half (One on One)...and maybe would have done better with the opportunity in the last couple of minutes.

I also think a more natural finisher would make more runs in the box...there was a phase of play in the first half where Diedhiou put the ball across. A natural striker would have been making a run to the near post and creating an opportunity. 

I think your right here. A goal scorer, at this level, score both chances and we win the game. Did he not miss some sitters last season as well - Cardiff and Reading away spring to mind. The first one, he is one on one and simply has to hit the target. He puts it well wide. If the GK saves it then so be it. The second, he should have gone across the keeper. I think as promising as Bobby has played he is not good enough for this level. He did nothing really during the game itself and thus if he is to retain his position he needs to influence our forward play a lot more. Scoring tap ins is one thing, but I think we need a lot more. As soon as Taylor is fit I would play him up top with Diedhiou.

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

How many proven Championship strikers are there and how would we get one?

Actually, Burnley have had a £12m bid for Chris Wood turned down. Perhaps we should bid £15m?:whistle:

Nahki Wells could still leave Huddersfield. Their fans seem 50:50 on whether he will. Seems to be carrying an injury though.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Nahki Wells could still leave Huddersfield. Their fans seem 50:50 on whether he will. Seems to be carrying an injury though.

Probably as good as you're going to get for a near enough guaranteed 15-20+ goalscorer at this level.

If he was available I'm sure there'd be plenty of competition for him and Huddersfield would probably want £10m+ in the current market.

Archived