IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Championship top scorer

Jack Dawe

51 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Tammys been a striker his whole career. Reid has been thrust upon this position this season. I'm not in anyway shape or form driving one into Bobby with my comments - I'm just saying let's not get ahead of ourselves and think that he will be the one to replace tammys goals based on 4 tap ins.

Bobby was actually a striker when he joined City as a youngster

11 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'm a Bobbie fan but he was poor tonight. If I was a Championship centre back I would lose very little sleep over facing him. I really want him to do well because he's an academy boy and is city through and through. However, do people really think he causes the opposition enough problems??

I'm not a BR fan - certainly not in his 'former' midfield position - but if he's scoring in just about every game I expect the opposition defences are starting to worry about him.

If this was Taylor scoring 4 in 3 we'd be saying what a great Championship striker he was proving to be.

Whether BR can keep it up, or offers enough in his all round game if the goals dry up is another matter, but while he keeps on scoring you'd have to say he's doing enough.

18 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'm a Bobbie fan but he was poor tonight. If I was a Championship centre back I would lose very little sleep over facing him. I really want him to do well because he's an academy boy and is city through and through. However, do people really think he causes the opposition enough problems??

I was at the game and thought he played well tonight considering the lack of service he had.  I was more worried that we were completely outplayed by a sh*itty little club like Brentford. 

Perhaps. Bu

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm not a BR fan - certainly not in his 'former' midfield position - but if he's scoring in just about every game I expect the opposition defences are starting to worry about him.

If this was Taylor scoring 4 in 3 we'd be saying what a great Championship striker he was proving to be.

Whether BR can keep it up, or offers enough in his all round game if the goals dry up is another matter, but while he keeps on scoring you'd have to say he's doing enough.

Perhaps. But the fact is he created nothing tonight. The ball happened to fall to him and he shinned in a winner. That doesn't change the fact he was poor. With Đurić out for 12 weeks we desperately need a striker 

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Perhaps. Bu

Perhaps. But the fact is he created nothing tonight. The ball happened to fall to him and he shinned in a winner. That doesn't change the fact he was poor. With Đurić out for 12 weeks we desperately need a striker 

I dont think you were at the game tonight if you think that 

1 hour ago, Saunders87 said:

Just trying to add a bit of realism to the thread. Yes he was in the right place but I doubt his goals scored yardage doesn't make the 18 yard box. Each goal he has had time with and pretty much an open goal. When under pressure he still rushes his shot and misses a fair amount of good opportunities. I'm hoping given games he develops the composure under pressure to his game but let's not get to carried away just yet. 

See next post.

1 hour ago, otib118 said:

Not sure Tammy scored many from outside the 6 yard box last year and that didn't go to badly for him!

Very few, and one from 15 yards was a deflection from someone else's shot

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just like Tammy then. 

At one point I think he'd scored 11/12 goals from a sum yardage of 71 yards.

There is no pleasing some City fans, some who seem desperate for his goals to dry up.

We are so fickle and short term in our thinking.  We fought to the end tonight to grab an undeserved point.  Can't we sometimes just wait for 90 minutes (or 98 in tonight's case) before giving our verdict?

3 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Perhaps. Bu

Yep, but when that happens 4x in quick succession it's no fluke. It does alter the fact he may have been otherwise poor because putting the ball in the net, however scuffed or shinned, is so vital.

He's missed a couple of sitters but his conversion rate is still very good, even taking into account nudges over the line and tap ins.

I've criticised him in the past - and LJ seems to agree he's not consistent enough for m/f duties in the Championship - but even I can't find fault with 4 goals in 3 games!

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I was 

We all thought he was the only positive in an otherwise rubbish display. 

How can you blame the forwards when we sat back and were overrun so much that they got no service.

When he did get the ball, some of Bobby's touches were excellent. 

48 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I might suggest that the Brentford centre halves won't be sleeping at all tonight, having nightmares about Bobby scoring in the 98th min. He's doing alright.

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

We all thought he was the only positive in an otherwise rubbish display. 

How can you blame the forwards when we sat back and were overrun so much that they got no service.

When he did get the ball, some of Bobby's touches were excellent. 

I guess we all see it differently and that's why forums are interesting places. I personally thought we defended pretty well, fought hard but had little outlets and weren't able to move up the pitch.

barring the first 15 mins when I thought we were excellent, I thought we caused them little problems- not just Bobbie by any means, but to be a good team you need strikers who can create something out of nothing. Although Fam was poor he has that about him, the hard truth is I do t feel Bobbie has. However, I would love to be proved wrong 

46 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Perhaps. Bu

He intercepted the ball from the defender that created the chance for Brownhills goal as well. 

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Championship Top Scorers

1. Bobby Reid

Bristol City

65  per goal

261  played

4Goals scored

1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

so he has a better then 50% conversion rate and a assist... Kodja and Tammy never missed sitters though.... I'm not saying he's the messiah and we've not played a top team yet but who would of thought Bobby to have scored 4 in 3 league games!

6 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

Championship Top Scorers

1. Bobby Reid

Bristol City

65  per goal

261  played

4Goals scored

1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

so he has a better then 50% conversion rate and a assist... Kodja and Tammy never missed sitters though.... I'm not saying he's the messiah and we've not played a top team yet but who would of thought Bobby to have scored 4 in 3 league games!

Bollocks Tammy and kodja both missed plenty of sitters including open goal s

8 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

It would! Made my comment before the after march press conference though

Before Saturdays after match press conference..?!

It's ok, you obviously missed it. LJ has said that his priority now is getting another striker in. Might be a loan or permanent, but nothing close just yet. 

10 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Brilliant from Bobby! Definitely need a striker in though, can't rely on him for the whole season! Scared LJ won't see the need for a striker and then Bobbys form will drop off! Keep him on his toes!!! Well done though, on fire at the moment

I can't think even Lee is that sleepy-im sure MA is burning the midnight oil & cursing repetitive stress pain!

7 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

Championship Top Scorers

1. Bobby Reid

Bristol City

65  per goal

261  played

4Goals scored

1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

57%

Don't get me wrong he's doing well and long may it continue. The whole team was poor last night, not just Bobby. I just feel it's essential we sign a striker with pace that can be a natural outlet for the team when we're under pressure. We couldn't get out of our own half last night and offered zero attacking threat after the first 15 mins. I was celebrating the goal like we'd won the league but it didn't change the fact we were completely outplayed.

Yes Bobby is doing well to get goals, but last night both he and Diedhiou were poor up top. This led to a lot of pressure on our midfield and defence meaning we got overran and thus conceded goals.

We need more than just goals, but I'll out last night down to an off game.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Is this really a thread about Bobby Reid?

Where are all the top level comedians hilariously repeatedly calling him 'young Bobby'?

Or even the superbly arrogant shout that is claiming those of us that like him do so because we're simpletons blinded by his place of birth rather than just thinking he is quite good at football?

It's almost as if he's a decent player who's ability and new found versatility is good option in our squad

Enjoying the arguments that he only scores tap ins and he's missed chances in between the ones he scored though. I promise you, much, much better players than Bobby Reid are guilty of those heinous crimes. And sometimes when they haven't actually scored 4 goals in 3 games. Is he perfect? Well obviously not. Is he as good a forward as the two we've been fortunate enough to have up front in our last two seasons? Well again, obviously not.

But he is a good player who has now shown that with confidence he can score and has the ability to see and pick a pass in the final third. I've barely seen it mentioned and it didn't make the highlights, but his pass through to Diedhiou Saturday was excellent. His pressing from the front in my opinion has been the best part of our play this season, although unfortunately he was doing it alone last night which will lead to nothing more than chasing shadows.

Well in Bobby, keep it up. (Although recognising that 4 goals in 3 games obviously won't be kept up).

15 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I can't believe what I'm reading. Is this really a thread about Bobby Reid?

Where are all the top level comedians hilariously repeatedly calling him 'young Bobby'?

Or even the superbly arrogant shout that is claiming those of us that like him do so because we're simpletons blinded by his place of birth rather than just thinking he is quite good at football?

It's almost as if he's a decent player who's ability and new found versatility is good option in our squad

Enjoying the arguments that he only scores tap ins and he's missed chances in between the ones he scored though. I promise you, much, much better players than Bobby Reid are guilty of those heinous crimes. And sometimes when they haven't actually scored 4 goals in 3 games. Is he perfect? Well obviously not. Is he as good a forward as the two we've been fortunate enough to have up front in our last two seasons? Well again, obviously not.

But he is a good player who has now shown that with confidence he can score and has the ability to see and pick a pass in the final third. I've barely seen it mentioned and it didn't make the highlights, but his pass through to Diedhiou Saturday was excellent. His pressing from the front in my opinion has been the best part of our play this season, although unfortunately he was doing it alone last night which will lead to nothing more than chasing shadows.

Well in Bobby, keep it up. (Although recognising that 4 goals in 3 games obviously won't be kept up).

Bobby Reid is referred to as ' Young Bobby ' as a sign of affection.

Careful not to slip when you get down off your high horse .

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bobby Reid is referred to as ' Young Bobby ' as a sign of affection.

Careful not to slip when you get down off your high horse .

I mean I can promise you it isn't.

Maybe it is by you, I don't know. I can't say I've ever noticed your posts. But you can be sure that the majority of Reid's harshest critics love the Young Bobby shout.

10 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I mean I can promise you it isn't.

Maybe it is by you, I don't know. I can't say I've ever noticed your posts. But you can be sure that the majority of Reid's harshest critics love the Young Bobby shout.

You haven't noticed any one of my 17,174 posts ? 

With such brilliant observation I'm not really sure that your argument holds . 

:blink:

Just now, Major Isewater said:

You haven't noticed anyone of my 17,174 posts ? 

With such brilliant observation I'm not really sure that your argument holds . 

:blink:

You're correct, no doubt with such a number of posts I will have in fact read a fair few of them, but I have no idea of your view on different topics. 

I could probably name no more than about ten usernames on here whose posts I always make sure to read whether I agree or disagree so therefore I remember and am aware of their opinions on different issues. GrahamC, davefevs, ole etc..

This is an odd argument we seem to be having I must say.

32 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

You're correct, no doubt with such a number of posts I will have in fact read a fair few of them, but I have no idea of your view on different topics. 

I could probably name no more than about ten usernames on here whose posts I always make sure to read whether I agree or disagree so therefore I remember and am aware of their opinions on different issues. GrahamC, davefevs, ole etc..

This is an odd argument we seem to be having I must say.

It's a bit tame isn't it ? 

It's not really an argument I have championed ' Young ' Bobby for many seasons so agree that he is a good player and now is beginning to show what he can do when not constantly dropped to make way for a new glamorous signing.

It was this that stopped him from progressing and I'm delighted that LJ has given him a run in the team and boosted his confidence.

That saying I bloody hope he isn't dropped if we bring in a new forward .

Long my his form continue. 

Archived