IGNORED

Happy Clappers

Gert Mare

20 hours ago, Spud55 said:

There seems to be a constant battle on here, we loose a game and people come crawling out of the woodwork to give it the Billy big bollocks that they were right and we are shit, we win a game and you get the exact opposite. 

It's comically childish. 

Why the Brentford comment? What reason do you have to think that they aren't a side that will batter many teams this season, especially at home? Other than their name? 

I think everyone is entitled to expect a reaction after half time, but sometimes it just doesn't happen or the team on top just continues to steamroller the opposition. 

I think not changing it at half time was plain stupid, it's reasonable to expect that the pressure from Brentford would continue and we needed something to give us a chance to break, I'd have hauled off patterson for elliason and probably one of red or deidhou for oneil to give us the 5th man in midfield and try to stifle Brentford. 

The problem is there are a number of people who don't give a considered opinion and just say oh we are doomed, or we are shite. There are plenty of holes to pick in tonight but there has to be some acceptance that while undeserved the result is a good one. 

Why the Brentford quote? Ok, tiny club on the outskirts of London. Small ground, small fan base, no Billionaire owner, mainly yo-yoing between the bottom 2 divisions. Us on the other hand....billionaire owner, massive catchment area, big fan base, impressive ground, 6th biggest spenders in the transfer window....and we got battered. 

20 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yeah you're entitled to your opinion as we all are. I can only go on what I've seen and wouldn't comment if I haven't . The goals were on sky and the defending was terrible and we got battered but we took a point. We are allowed to get put under pressure by teams , they're trying to beat us . It's not being a happy clapper if you try and have a balanced view. I was at Birmingham and we were excellent first half . Were you on hear singing the teams praises then ? Or just slagging us off after we lost . As far as the happy clapper / rose tinted glasses aspect , it goes both ways , there are plenty on here that do nothing but ******* moan and can't wait to stick the knife in. There will be 23 other clubs trying to beat us , we have no Devine right to win any game. I will critise if I think it's justified but won't just moan for the sake of it. Yes LJ has and will make mistakes , its life it happens . I'm sure all the moaners can play football manager and think they're pep but it ain't quite that simple. 

I think I gave a balanced view on Brum. I also said see where we are around Nov / Dec before going all out loco! The videos of our early games are probably being studied by our upcoming opponents to stifle our quick out of the blocks approach. It's our inability to react to their plan that concerns me. However, I find the responses from some of the happy clappers annoying when they come out with comments like "uneducated" and start trying to take some moral high ground, hence the OP.

19 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

That's fine to say that , if I was there I'd probably say the same but would also be happy as **** we got a point. I was gutted we got nothing when walking out of Birmingham Saturday because we did deserve something. It's football , it happens and we rarely play well at Brentford. I understand asking why nothing was changed but we were limited off the bench. How do we he wouldn't of chucked Đurić on if fit, we don't . We're definitely lacking up top at the moment . 

Yes, but it's not up top that's the problem, apart from the L1 promotion season, when we had Elliot on good form,  City have been very lightweight in midfield and this is the problem which has not been addressed and continues to this day.  Last night an average Championship team ran the midfield and we didn't have an answer to it and that's why we were under the cosh for most of the game. We were extremely lucky to go away with a point and that was down to Fielding who made some great saves to keep us in the game.  It doesn't matter how good the defence is in any team,  if the midfield is lightweight and keeps giving the ball away,  then any defence is going to crack under pressure, especially when under pressure for most of the game.  It's not a question of being miserable and moaning about the team having an off day, it's about seeing the problems and weaknesses that need to be sorted out sooner than later.   LJ and his staff are qualified coaches and paid good money to see these problems and try to correct them, but this is not happening, opposing team coaches watch us play, see this problem and exploit us. why can't our coaches see the weaknesses that have been with us for seasons now. 

20 hours ago, smokey live said:

So if you question how we played you are a moaner and if you defend how we played you are a happy clapper. You all slag each other off and say how you cant accept someone elses point of view. You are all as bad as each other and it really ***** me off

No problem with defending the team. It is the rubbishing of a negative  responder that gets on my nerves. Negative comment = Must be thick. What utter bollox!

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I think I gave a balanced view on Brum. I also said see where we are around Nov / Dec before going all out loco! The videos of our early games are probably being studied by our upcoming opponents to stifle our quick out of the blocks approach. It's our inability to react to their plan that concerns me. However, I find the responses from some of the happy clappers annoying when they come out with comments like "uneducated" and start trying to take some moral high ground, hence the OP.

Who said you were uneducated? Or have you had a cider too many and are making it up?

20 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Ha ha, of course not. The rules as applied by the agendists is - If it's a good result but we play badly, then it's how we played that frames the narrative. However if we play well, but lose its only the result that matters. Bless them! 

'Condescending attitude' of some happy clappers. My point confirmed most eloquently my friend. Bless you too.

20 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

The sad thing is there are people who love to moan about anything. If you're reading this and it applies to you just think. We'll all be dead one day so try and enjoy it while your here . It's football ffs . 

It's more than than life or death - as a famous football man once stated :laughcont:

20 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Exactly, and I've highlighted that very same double standard on another thread. If you are going to pan us for playing so well and losing on Saturday then it's only fair to give us credit for being rubbish tonight but getting a result surely?

True. Well done Frankie.

20 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Jesus Christ, we're only three games in to the new season and we were playing away tonight, and Brentford aren't half-bad! Johnson had cast massive doubts regarding his ability last season but rode out the season and earned himself another transfer window. We've signed a few new players, might bring in a few more, and I think anyone who makes judgements as to whether a manager should be sacked or not, or whether we'll get relegated or not, before at least fifteen games have passed is mental. It's a new season, with new players, and possibly a new approach by LJ - who knows. We were poor today, very poor. I feel the defenders and especially Frankie deserved credit to keep it 1-0 to us going into half-time, but really we should've come out and started the second half with a bang, yet didn't, and that's what let us down today.

We were definitely lucky, in a way, to equalise, and so I'm happy with a point, and would've taken a point at the start of the night, but am not happy with the performance.

Moving forward, Lee Johnson, in my eyes, has twelve more games to tinker, change and try and improve the squad to strengthen our weak points. If in twelve games time we're still weak in certain areas and aren't looking too good for survival/improvement, then I will start to edge towards the 'Johnson Out' camp.

We should all be in the 'Johnson In' camp for now though, because like I said, only three games have gone, and there's plenty of time for improvement. If we're rock bottom after fifteen games, there's still time for a recovery, so what's the point in risking a change at the helm when we all know it could backfire massively? There's no guarantee we'd replace him with someone better. Even someone with proven Championship experience could do worse. You never know.

To me, it seems sensible to always get behind your team at the start of the season, and always look on the bright side - while criticising and analysing the weaknesses - before demanding any major change. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Good post. That display for the majority of the game last night was embarrassing. They were carving us open at will. Ollie Watkins....chose Brentford and we were watching him apparently?! Would have been a great signing! Jota is here there and everywhere too. 

Having possession is all well and good, but as Woy once said "The only stat worth cawing about is the one in the top wight hand corner of the scween"

20 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Nothing, and I haven't seen anyone take issue with that point, it's the mark my words we will be relegated because of that performance rubbish that people take issue with. 

If we continue to play like last night we would go down without a shadow of a doubt, but I would be amazed if we played as badly as that again this season. It was another Preston. It was a Johnson Out performance, but realistically only someone who was barking mad would seriously be requiring a new manager after 3 games. The OP was about the condescending attitude of happy clappers, followed by an honest assessment of the game. We were ******* awful!

19 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

A club record was indeed set last year with that poor run of results. But we are still playing at a level higher than what I have experienced over the years. And that has to be a positive! 

I'll stick with my theory thank you, about the agendists.

However regards realists, I think soccer is too unpredictable to be a realist. Otherwise we'd all be millionaires on the backs of Ladbrokes! 

It would seem we were very poor tonight. Let's say it as it is, but also give credit when it's due. That's certainly the balanced way of doing it........ Unless your an agendist! 

We have played some champagne football in a couple of games already this season, no question of that. Last night though we were utter dog shite!

Our fan base is split. A lot of people are bought into Johnson, a lot won't have him and im definitely on that side of the fence.

It won't unite until Johnson goes, too many fans are too far gone from being able to accept him anymore. 

We can do better than him, we should be doing better than him, if he is the best we can attract I despair, we are never going to push on to the next level with him in charge. 

I will support the team no matter what but i think we deserve better, and he is the weak link. 

Just what i think, dont expect people to agree. 

18 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Followed since 1975, and the records show since then we have averaged top third tier since then. Can't speak for you, but it means we're punching above our historical average since I've been watching. 

Sorry about my use of the word soccer, I have Irish heritage. And  it's called  soccer  over there. Football is a game a bit like Aussie rules! 

Yes we all have differing views, would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything. And hopefully I've expressed mine  in a balanced way. The labelling thing, funnily enough  is my descriptive view and opinion of those that I feel lack that said balance. And is a lot better than some of the colourful language, and derogatory remarks I've seen written about others on here. So apologies, if I don't apologise for that! 

Yes poor performances need to be acknowledged as much as the good ones! Hoping for better really, but not overly worried yet! 

It is that sort of opinion that gets my back up about some happy clappers.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Doesn't make you any less educated by having a different and sometimes negative opinion, borne solely out of desperately wanting your club to succeed, and certainly at the very least expecting the 11 men on the pitch to at least put in a performance to match the opponent in front of them.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our fan base is split. A lot of people are bought into Johnson, a lot won't have him and im definitely on that side of the fence.

It won't unite until Johnson goes, too many fans are too far gone from being able to accept him anymore. 

We can do better than him, we should be doing better than him, if he is the best we can attract I despair, we are never going to push on to the next level with him in charge. 

I will support the team no matter what but i think we deserve better, and he is the weak link. 

Just what i think, dont expect people to agree. 

Ok, I appreciate your opinion - who should be our manager? Right this second, who would you realistically have in charge?

12 hours ago, Oops said:

Did you cheer when the equaliser went in, or was it just a disappointed shake of the head?

Why bother going?

I notice you didn't post anything after the Barnsley or Plymouth games, so your pathetic agenda is clear. And I hate the word 'agenda' almost as much as the term 'Happy Clapper'.

You're just another forum nugget mate.

I did post after both games. No nugget here mate. Cheered when the goal went in and then laughed because you could see that the Brentford fans were absolutely fuming and gobsmacked at the same time. 

'My pathetic agenda'?  'Forum nugget'?. Those sort of statements just back up what my OP suggests, so thanks for helping me to prove the point bud. 

10 hours ago, winterbournered said:

The reaction after the 2nd went in last night was ridiculous. Unfortunately this will be a common theme over the coming season. The anti-LJ brigade will be over every abject performance even if we do escape with a result like last night. 

The season is 4 games old, 3 good performances, 1 bad. It's way to early to jump on any side of the fence. My only gripe with LJ is his in game management, still doesn't seem to have learn't from last seasons mistakes. Lost count of how many leads we've chucked away, needs to react to opposing teams tweaking their tactics. 

My gripe is with the in game management too.

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Have a read through the match day thread. 

There were a few who were saying relegation is nailed on already.

That was a relegation performance, but agree that suggesting nailed on relegation is ridiculous at this stage. Cardiff might have played the 3 sides that go down at the end of the season. 

I remember when we drew with Scunthorpe United, opening day of the Johnson Snr promotion season. We thought it was a disappointing draw at the time, but Scunthorpe won the league and we finished runners up!

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

You what, mate?

You mentioned people making negative comments as somehow being uneducated or dim? Your response to the OP helped prove the point that I was trying to make about some (not all) happy clappy types, so thanks, can't be that dim then can I? :laughcont:

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, but it's not up top that's the problem, apart from the L1 promotion season, when we had Elliot on good form,  City have been very lightweight in midfield and this is the problem which has not been addressed and continues to this day.  Last night an average Championship team ran the midfield and we didn't have an answer to it and that's why we were under the cosh for most of the game. We were extremely lucky to go away with a point and that was down to Fielding who made some great saves to keep us in the game.  It doesn't matter how good the defence is in any team,  if the midfield is lightweight and keeps giving the ball away,  then any defence is going to crack under pressure, especially when under pressure for most of the game.  It's not a question of being miserable and moaning about the team having an off day, it's about seeing the problems and weaknesses that need to be sorted out sooner than later.   LJ and his staff are qualified coaches and paid good money to see these problems and try to correct them, but this is not happening, opposing team coaches watch us play, see this problem and exploit us. why can't our coaches see the weaknesses that have been with us for seasons now. 

Fair shout! Still missing that Gerry Gow type. 

Archived