IGNORED

Eliasson and Diedhiou

tinman85

Eliasson - I called him the next Engvall. I hope I am not proven right. We were calling out for width today and an outlet. Why keep our £1.8M signing on the bench again?

Diedhiou looked off the pace. But you can't blame the front two when the service was non existent. Is he worth £5M plus? Not on showing so far but time will tell 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why not bring Eliasson on . Frustrating. COD just doesn't seem to affect the game. 2 million pound doesn't ******* play him .

I have a feeling that LJ is playing top trumps rather than football.  Either that or a scout in the icy wastes is creaming it from SL.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Millwall would have eaten Eliasson.

It was bad enough with players like Smith and Pack going missing when it got physical.

TBF, I don't think there was anyone on the bench that would have made a difference in that game.

Which is worrying given our spend.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Millwall would have eaten Eliasson.

It was bad enough with players like Smith and Pack going missing when it got physical.

TBF, I don't think there was anyone on the bench that would have made a difference in that game.

I keep saying it but I'm convinced we need a physically powerful midfielder. Our current options are too easily brushed aside.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I keep saying it but I'm convinced we need a physically powerful midfielder. Our current options are too easily brushed aside.

Lets go for Snograss then :shutup:

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

Yeah let's ruin our wage bill

We could borrow him...you know like the Chelsea player who saved are arses last season; it was said in jest but sometimes you have to try something different.

23 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Completely agree, we are screaming out for a Bradley Johnson/ Mile Jedinak type 

Indeed but I have said before that LJ is more Wenger than Mourinho in his approach.

Yet he played alongside Marvin so has seen at first hand the value of physical power.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How about a different system then??

Time after time we were brushed aside. Bullied in midfield by Millwall at home. Lots of their attacks seemed to stem from us losing it in midfield.

Yes, 4-3-3 might help. Though if players are easy to physically intimidate there is not a lot you can do.

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

Are you Alberts agent? 

Wish I was. Exactly what we need right now. We have no outlet and are dull to watch. Narrow midfield and lack of width. He was on the bench again today. Bruce has said he may need to sell again. If we signed Jackson Irvine and Albert we would be laughing. Loan O'Dowda to league 1. 

Archived