IGNORED

What type of side are we?

Cider red

We are clearly not physical, we aren't a technical passing side ie Brentford. Today there was no pattern of play, no clear tactic. Since second half of brum we have stopped moving, and just wooshing it up to 5ft 6 bobby Reid (who is the one bright spark for me).

I want Johnson to succeed, but he's had his 3 windows, spent more than any other manager in our history, and we still don't look like we know what were doing. I would also question if our squad is really any better than 2 seasons ago.

For me we are crying out for a new cm, who can control the game. Smith and oneil aren't up to much apart from needlessly giving the ball away.

Based on the last two games were in for a long season, the worrying thing for me is Johnsons team don't seem to know what the game plan is or how to take the game by the scruff of the kneck. We look just as poor as most of last year Imo.

5 minutes ago, Cider red said:

We are clearly not physical, we aren't a technical passing side ie Brentford. Today there was no pattern of play, no clear tactic. Since second half of brum we have stopped moving, and just wooshing it up to 5ft 6 bobby Reid (who is the one bright spark for me).

I want Johnson to succeed, but he's had his 3 windows, spent more than any other manager in our history, and we still don't look like we know what were doing. I would also question if our squad is really any better than 2 seasons ago.

For me we are crying out for a new cm, who can control the game. Smith and oneil aren't up to much apart from needlessly giving the ball away.

Based on the last two games were in for a long season, the worrying thing for me is Johnsons team don't seem to know what the game plan is or how to take the game by the scruff of the kneck. We look just as poor as most of last year Imo.

We need an alternative to Pack. When he came off we lacked any sort of presence in the middle. I think LJ is trying to play good football, there were times (admittedly short times) to day where we played intricate, probing, possession football, and other times where we looked like shit.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

We need an alternative to Pack. When he came off we lacked any sort of presence in the middle. I think LJ is trying to play good football, there were times to day where we played intricate, probing, possession football, and other times where we looked like shit.

His name is Hegeler and let's try use a 4-3-3 while we are it. 

What type of side are we?  ....

Well right now we appear to be an 'off side' .... 

We all know offsides result in free-kicks for the opposition,. sadly that's exactly what is happening - we aren't competing  anywhere well enough, and somehow we need to get ourselves onside again asap. 

Its nowhere near an emergency YET league position wise, but its plain to see for everyone that 'somethings gotta give' because sadly the writing is already on the wall for this season.

Frustrating thing is with the current squad 'on our day' we all know we can do it, and do it in style... LJ needs to get a grip on things quickly..and get the lads consistently firing on all cylinders, the engine is spluttering and misfiring, LJ you're on the tools, get it up on the ramps and start retuning immediately.   

Archived