IGNORED

Diedhiou off?

Redmycolour

Agree that diedhiou looks very mediocre & the same for Woodrow - Millwall sub ( Elliot ) made a significant impact & Millwall looked the likely winners from then on - our only player with similar style to Millwall sub is of course CROCKED & city have a history of bad luck & crocks in terms of strikers - for sure we won't be any where near plays off etc this season & hard to see what progress is being made overall - meanwhile across the bridge our old nemesis Mr Warnock is showing how its done !

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Couldnt give a monkies about his defending. You just said he's not exciting and not a goal poacher...so what is he? ....a target man?...apparently not...so far he's a been a good team player but thats it, and certainly not what city need. I would prefer him not to do anything but just stick the ball in...just like all the good goal scorers. Bob Taylor just stuck it in the net when required not much else!!! I keep saying it, but scoring goals will be a massive issue this season. 

Good all rounder, good team player, good link up play, good in the air, brings others into the game - lots of good qualities.

I would reserve judgement until we're about 10 games in personally.

Oh wait, just realised who I'm replying to - waste of time typing a considered answer.

8 hours ago, Simon79 said:

I wouldn't of been surprised if he got a red, but personally don't think it deserved a red. Like some have said, the Millwall player clutched his face, trying to get him sent off. But fairly sure not a lot of contact was made to his face. I will add that the Millwall player twice ducked his head towards Diedhiou first one very close to connecting, surprised he got away with nothing for that. COYR 

That's how I saw it and was surprised the Millwall player was not booked also  although, Diedhiou could have been sent off.

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

But completely agreed with me...dear oh dear. Too quick to reply without digesting my post.

No, you named 1 quality - I agree with the one you listed and named several more.

Thing is, you and your band of default avatar merry men are so boringly negative it's hardly worth engaging.

9 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Cheer up chum. Negative about what? He's a good team player, that is the exact qualities you described...just in more words. Once again your trying to be clever and failing.

So...my opinion that goals could be hard to come by this season is outlandish?? Is it? Come on....give me your considerd answer clever clogs. Cheer up chummy bum.

No, what I said was 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good all rounder, good team player, good link up play, good in the air, brings others into the game - lots of good qualities.

which expands on and adds to the 'team player' observation.

As for your negativity; well it stems from your infamous 'I will boo' thread which is a great example of reactionary nonsense. 

I am a fan of Johnson's but understand why people have deep concerns with his management. That's fine and totally understandable after last season.

My issue with you and your default avatar ilk is the petty swiping at absolutely everything.. It comes across as a deep hatred of the manager as a person rather than just doubting him as manager of Bristol City.

I asked you directly whether your 'rubbishing' of another poster's post regarding Johnson's twitter abuse last season meant you felt the abuse was acceptable.. you never got back to me on that..

More sensibly.. I don't think we'll find goals hard to come by. Diedhiou's 'team play' will be a great foil for others. We need to spread the goals around the team more so the likes of Reid, Taylor, Woodrow, Paterson, Eliasson, O'Dowda and Brownhill need to be chipping in. I would like to see more goals from our central midfield but am concerned that we're a bit over-stocked with defensive minded central midfield players. We need a central midfielder who's more of a goal threat.

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

Deep hatred? Please quote my personal posts against LJ? Your talking absolute nonsense as usual...making up crap. I've not even mentioned LJ in this thread, just talked about Die.

You will find in my recent postings I have given LJ until the Burton home game before I make judgement on this season. So once again get your facts correct and stop talking nonsense. I have met LJ on more than one occasion...infact I has a chat with him Friday night when I say him out in Bristol. Nice guy....

I work with plenty of nice guys....but lots of them are shit at their job!!

Well that's good then, if that's the case I stand corrected and take it back. That was the impression I got from your posts though as you seem to criticise Johnson for just about anything.

Anyway, I agree, too early to judge as of yet. Some very good signs and some bad. As you'd expect for a mid table side I suppose. 

14 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Cheer up chum. Negative about what? He's a good team player, that is the exact qualities you described...just in more words. Once again your trying to be clever and failing.

So...my opinion that goals could be hard to come by this season is outlandish?? Is it? Come on....give me your considerd answer clever clogs. Cheer up chummy bum.

No need for the insults Thatch, you do seem to have issues with keeping a 'clean sheet'.  Actually I think our problems lie not with scoring but with conceding, however it does seem we have tightened up a bit at the back, although if it wasn't for Frankie, it could have been a different story. For me the crucial thing is the goals against column, teams that don't concede many do well, we still need to sign a first class keeper, and someone of the GON ilk if he doesn't step up. 

Archived