IGNORED

Luke Ayling

Big Red Rich

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

At Bradford away, the game that secured our promotion to the Championship Luke came over to us fans and I grabbed by the chops and said "you lad are going to be a effing star, he said I love it here, I f uc king love it here. 

I was confident I'd seen a player that was not only talented send committed but had something special about him, I think for me his ease of bringing the ball from defence into attack impressed me but also the ease at which he did it was akin to a player destined to play at the highest level. 

He's also a very nice lad and whenever I'm forced down to Elland Rd with the the in-laws or to Leeds with family friend Paul Robinson, Luke is always at the forefront of discussion, I wish him all the best.

5dda934a001540f16b052df1af316e65--living-people.jpg

18 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

If Ireland pick him maybe they see something you don't.

When I watch a winger, especially the most expensive one this club has ever bought, I expect them to give defenders a hard time and take them on. Sorry but O'Dowda doesn't do that. He's overrated and he's not in the starting eleven. He's got to step up to the plate this season and start earning his wages!

On 20/08/2017 at 14:07, Red Right Hand said:

He`s not had the best of luck with injuries recently has he? Hasn`t he just come back from a long layoff last season (broken leg?)

He did break his leg but it was a clean break towards the end of the season so he only missed a few games and was back for pre-season. This is a big blow for him though as he's just finally got back into the Ireland squad and now he's out long-term.

23 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

At Bradford away, the game that secured our promotion to the Championship Luke came over to us fans and I grabbed by the chops and said "you lad are going to be a effing star, he said I love it here, I f uc king love it here. 

I was confident I'd seen a player that was not only talented send committed but had something special about him, I think for me his ease of bringing the ball from defence into attack impressed me but also the ease at which he did it was akin to a player destined to play at the highest level. 

He's also a very nice lad and whenever I'm forced down to Elland Rd with the the in-laws or to Leeds with family friend Paul Robinson, Luke is always at the forefront of discussion, I wish him all the best.

He's making the most of his limited talents. Fair play to him he looks class in a way he never did here. More committed as well. 

32 minutes ago, shelts said:

He's making the most of his limited talents. Fair play to him he looks class in a way he never did here. More committed as well. 

:blink:

All opinions , but I thought he was one of the best 'footballers' weve had in a fair few years

Ran with the ball brilliantly IMO

25 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yet when he left, everyone was saying we mugged Leeds off for 900k 

He was average at us. He's moved on and done well. Fair play to him. It happens, get over it! 

Average ?????

:blink:

Did you understand what a pivotal role he played in the L1 title side ?

jeeeeez

33 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yet when he left, everyone was saying we mugged Leeds off for 900k 

He was average at us. He's moved on and done well. Fair play to him. It happens, get over it! 

Far from it, many people couldn't understand it and said so.  I suppose the hope at the time was Matthews would fill that gap but what happened there?

Archived