IGNORED

League of Gentlemen....

Maesknoll Red

4 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

.... is coming back, 3 new episodes being filmed starting next month, original cast and writers, I don't watch much telly, but will make an exception for this!

I hope it is great, but I fear it will be cack. Series 1 and 2 were fantastic television. 3 was great, but had tailed off in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is one comedy that I could never get into - maybe should try again now I am much older?

Same here, I just never got it, despite trying a few times as everyone was raving about it.

Comedy is a funny thing though (No pun intended), as something that one person finds extremely funny, you can guarantee that there's always someone else that hates it.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

This is one comedy that I could never get into - maybe should try again now I am much older?

Must admit its not Roy 'chubby' Brown kind of comedy....

... but the inhabitants of Royston Vasey are gloriously weird  in a uniquely British comedic way... perfect for those of us with strange laughs who laugh strangely at strange things... you're not local are you? :) 

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Must admit its not Roy 'chubby' Brown kind of comedy....

... but the inhabitants of Royston Vasey are gloriously weird  in a uniquely British comedic way... perfect for those of us with strange laughs who laugh strangely at strange things... you're not local are you? :) 

And on that subject I quite like "Chubby", although I know that many don't. 

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:28, Maesknoll Red said:

They could write the gas in there,  odd ******* that they are, a local club, for local people.....

I know we Bristolians tend to add an 'L' to the end of words, but really M R your spelling is atrocious....' loco'  is spelt with an 'o' not an 'a' and there really is no need for a 'l' at the end either...

For 'local'  read 'loco' ,  ie : Bristol Rovers - a loco club, for loco people !  :) 

• Admin
6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I know we Bristolians tend to add an 'L' to the end of words, but really M R your spelling is atrocious....' loco'  is spelt with an 'o' not an 'a' and there really is no need for a 'l' at the end either...

For 'local'  read 'loco' ,  ie : Bristol Rovers - a loco club, for loco people !  :) 

You've lost me, they are a football club of trainspotters.........??

5 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

You've lost me, they are a football club of trainspotters.........??

Laugh... At risk of being whooshed I'll explain...

Going loco, losing your mind, etc..

Loco = slang for mental, crazy, demented, (mostly American slang, but we borrow it sometimes)...... collectively known as Gasheads/all things BRFC  by me in this instance :) 

#remember Four Tops song? .. Going Loco Down In Acapulco 

Archived