IGNORED

Question about bcfc.co.uk

Bristol_South_End

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure I understand your input here Madger but people are naturally more persuaded by facts than opposing opinion so I readily admit I looked up the details of the match to back up my case.

Which they did, pretty well overwhelming I'd say.

Still, as Oscar Wilde probably didn't say, on one of his less inspired days - 'though it be hard to argue with facts, there's always someone who will ignore those facts if they are unfavourable to their argument.'

My point was that as someone with zero interest in the women's game, you are now leading a discussion on it. Even being spoken about in a disparaging manner is better than not talking about it as it fits the agenda to raise awareness 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

My point was that as someone with zero interest in the women's game, you are now leading a discussion on it. Even being spoken about in a disparaging manner is better than not talking about it as it fits the agenda to raise awareness 

Right, but I do think that agenda needs to be challenged, if only because it's so annoying.

I simply voiced my disapproval at womens football taking the main headline on bcfc.co.uk.

Others chose to pick me up on that post and criticise my view.

I've since put forward a few facts to support my conviction that womens football is at best a minority sport and of extremely limited interest to the public.

That's simply me defending my view, and possibly (hopefully) in the process making a few posters have a think about the attempted indoctrination by the media generally, and indeed, imo., by our very own club website.

Archived