IGNORED

England Squad

BCFC Rich

2 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Always believed this! I'd much prefer clubs to send their youth out on loan abroad. I just think it creates so much more character for the individual. Learn a new language(ish), different culture of football mentality. So much can be gained by resisting the urge to just loan them to a team a league or so below. 

Definitely agree. The reason we have a good crop of goalkeepers now is because they are actually given a chance in our Prem. Every prem team should have 6 British players outfield imo. And yes Wales do have a better side with Bale, ramsey, allen and williams who would walk into our side. Just my view.

11 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Kane is a real enigma to me as I wouldn't pay the entrance money to watch him but his goalscoring stats are nothing short of phenomenal 

Spurs - 78 Goals 103 Games (92 from 137 inc loans)

Eng - 8 Goals 19 Games

He is a strange one for me....don't think he's brilliant at anything, but he's good / decent at everything.  I'd like him to be class in at least one area.

Personally I'd rather go with Vardy up top.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is a strange one for me....don't think he's brilliant at anything, but he's good / decent at everything.  I'd like him to be class in at least one area.

If it's in the formation suggested above then 100% agree with you.

2 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Always believed this! I'd much prefer clubs to send their youth out on loan abroad. I just think it creates so much more character for the individual. Learn a new language(ish), different culture of football mentality. So much can be gained by resisting the urge to just loan them to a team a league or so below. 

Chelsea - who's hoarding of loan players and loaning them out get widely criticised - do exactly that. Solanke, Baker, Todd Kane etc all been sent to Holland.

Man Utd also used to send lots of youth players to Antwerp, not so much recently. 

Man City have sent players out to their New York affiliate.

Would like to see more of it though from other clubs.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he's a brilliant goalscorer and that's an instinctive attribute. I didn't think Abraham was 'brilliant' at anything other than scoring goals, but because he was so good at that it didn't really matter. Kane is similar in that respect. 

I think Dele Alli is a very exciting talent, the thing I like about him is that top level winning mentality he seems to have - all the best players have that, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra, Bale etc

13 hours ago, JammyOne said:

Butland

Trippier           Keane                Smalling            Walker

Dier               Henderson

Oxlade                       Ali                       Sterling

Kane

Think we'll see this 3-4-2-1 that Chelsea used last season and Arsenal seem to be adopting this.

Hart

Keane, Cahill, Stones

Walker, Chalobah, Henderson, Bertrand

Alli, Sterling

Kane

is what I predict

6 hours ago, TRL said:

I think you answered you own question there,  those teams have recent success, which they may not have followed up on, but could possibly follow up on.  Where as we have been slowly degrading since 1996

Bilge is the best word I can think of to sum up England compared to the countries you have suggested, utter bilge when you consider the population of the Netherlands, and the footballers they produce.  Now compare the footballing ability, and technique of players from these countries compare to the the technique of UK players...  Pace and power which is still being heralded in the UK leagues, and hopefully see where i think the problem lays when I say we have been going backwards in footballing ability for years.

Hopefully the performances this summer offer signs we're turning things around. (u20 world champions. U19 Europe champions. U21 Europe semi finals. U17 lost on pens inEuro final)

45 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Hopefully the performances this summer offer signs we're turning things around. (u20 world champions. U19 Europe champions. U21 Europe semi finals. U17 lost on pens inEuro final)

At this level I believe pace and power can win out. I have to say watching these lads there were not many who I thought had the talent or technique to make much difference.

I really hope I'm wrong but we do just train players to play in the British isles. On the world stage we appear like a team from a bygone era when it gets to the full international squad. Unfortunately foreign talent props up a piss poor domestic league. If you took all the foreigners out of the premiership and championship teams... it wouldn't make for pretty viewing.

Archived