IGNORED

The Aston Villa Show

Hellfire Corner

Agree with all the comments about the balance of the coverage but hardly a surprise is it 

In fairness watching back , the commentator particularly and Scott Minto said some very positive and regular things about the ground / SLs ambitions and PL ambitions , a work nicelynprogressing , Club on the up etc etc and I though did a good job of 'selling us' to any potential players etc

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Mike Parry by any chance? He's been banging that drum for the best part of 20 years or so - for us, the Sheffield teams, the Nottingham teams and there's probably others that I've forgotten.

45 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

If true that is ridiculous, particularly about the Sheffield teams who are arguably both in the top twenty 'biggest' clubs in England.

Remember it is Mike Parry's job to be ridiculous. Always to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. The guy is good fun, and Talksport gets a bit of an unfair bashing if you ask me. Hate all the ads, but it is a good football station. pisses all over Radio 5 live, which I hate with all its PC nonsense every day.

Well ive just watched it back and i thought the coverage was pretty balanced. They kept going on about what a special place Ashton Gate is, what a forward thinking club we are, how Villa changed there formation because they couldnt cope with us, really complimentary about our players (especially Patterson), etc. etc.     Think some people just want something to moan about!!

12 hours ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Maybe it's because a broadcaster should be producing a fair and balanced  programme. Tonight clearly was not balanced.

Balanced coverage from a Part of Murcoch's empire? that'd be a first! He also owns the sun remember.

1 hour ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

Well ive just watched it back and i thought the coverage was pretty balanced. They kept going on about what a special place Ashton Gate is, what a forward thinking club we are, how Villa changed there formation because they couldnt cope with us, really complimentary about our players (especially Patterson), etc. etc.     Think some people just want something to moan about!!

Not really..i'm not saying they didn't mention us of course they did. just that I could not make the match and all they went on about was Villa and it was not on a even par and was getting annoying...It was the same last year with Newcastle.they were involved with other 20 matches last season and I was getting pissed off with it...I just want it unbiased and fair

13 hours ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Well, who turned in to sky sports tonight to watch the Aston Villa show? Who were they playing? Totally one sided programme- all Villa discussion, pathetic for balanced coverage.

John Terry, ex Premiership club who spent a VERY long time there, managed by Steve Bruce who is a very solid manager against... a team who once lost a play off final for the Prem, has a very unknown, young manager and no stand out players.... what did you expect?
I'm not saying we're in Villas shadow but to the non-Villa and Bristol City fans that match was always going to be about Villa.

14 hours ago, cummins17 said:

Steve Bruce can't help banging on about Diedhiou being offside for our goal, seems to forgot the huge slice of luck they had for theirs 

He's right though. However (and I've not seen any replays) it looked like we should have had 2/3 pens. Foul on Reid and a couple handballs?

Archived