IGNORED

Woodrow/Hinds

Kingswoodactor

9 minutes ago, shelts said:

Feel sorry for Heinz if I'm honest. No need for Fulhams rubbish to sit on our bench we have our own to do that . A little worried about Fammy 

Feel sorry for Woodrow if i'm honest.

On loan played a few minutes and written off by our own fans as CRAP.

If after a dozen starts he hasn't scored or assisted,well you may be right.

He's a young guy looking for confidence give the guy a chance.

If he scores both in a 2/0 win at Reading ,well what would the match day thread be like?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It's such an easy game.  Select Hinds and we'd have exposed Terry's pace.  We would've won easily.  Why didn't Chelsea's opponents for 10-15 years just do what you're all suggesting, e.g. play two nippy strikers, Chelsea would've lost every game.

Not saying Diedhiou was MOTM tonight, but I enjoyed his performance.  He is getting through lots of unselfish (and unseen) work to allow the likes of Reid to benefit.  It's a fledgling partnership, where Reid is getting the glory.  Diedhiou takes the buffeting off of the CBs so Reid can play in the pockets.  Remember Wilbs doing lots of unselfish stuff for Kodjia.  Okay Wilbs didn't come with a £5m price-tag, but Diedhiou is no mug.  Of course he'll be judged on his goal output (by us), but LJ will be judging him on other stuff too.

Woodrow didn't do much when he came on, but we'd lost a bit of initiative at that point.

There were some good performances tonight, a lot of hard graft too.  Bodes well, even if we didn't get the result we just about deserved.

I disagree 

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Feel sorry for Woodrow if i'm honest.

On loan played a few minutes and written off by our own fans as CRAP.

If after a dozen starts he hasn't scored or assisted,well you may be right.

He's a young guy looking for confidence give the guy a chance.

If he scores both in a 2/0 win at Reading ,well what would the match day thread be like?

The lad can't win . 

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

I disagree 

But not totally disagree :P

Seriously though, I'd have found a place for Hinds on the bench, but not over Woodrow.  I'd prefer both in fairness. I've been very complimentary of Hinds, and would rather he hung around the first team squad rather than go on loan....at the expense of Taylor. I said pre-season I expect him to go at Xmas (possibly next summer).  I just don't see him getting much gametime and I'd rather give Hinds development time with us.

There is a lot of snap judgements being made on Woodrow...unfairly imho.  We are such a critical bunch.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It's such an easy game.  Select Hinds and we'd have exposed Terry's pace.  We would've won easily.  Why didn't Chelsea's opponents for 10-15 years just do what you're all suggesting, e.g. play two nippy strikers, Chelsea would've lost every game.

Not saying Diedhiou was MOTM tonight, but I enjoyed his performance.  He is getting through lots of unselfish (and unseen) work to allow the likes of Reid to benefit.  It's a fledgling partnership, where Reid is getting the glory.  Diedhiou takes the buffeting off of the CBs so Reid can play in the pockets.  Remember Wilbs doing lots of unselfish stuff for Kodjia.  Okay Wilbs didn't come with a £5m price-tag, but Diedhiou is no mug.  Of course he'll be judged on his goal output (by us), but LJ will be judging him on other stuff too.

Woodrow didn't do much when he came on, but we'd lost a bit of initiative at that point.

There were some good performances tonight, a lot of hard graft too.  Bodes well, even if we didn't get the result we just about deserved.

100% agree. If it was a partnership of Reid and Woodrow, Id wager Bobby wouldn't be near the starting line up... as much as I love Bobby, a partnership of Fammy and Taylor could be decent.

2 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I don't like a loan player taking a place on the bench in place of one of our own.

Especially as Hinds looks a real talent and I'd hate to see his development ruined. 

He should have come on in that game tonight, not Woodrow. 

Woodrow is honestly so poor. I just don't get the signing of this guy. Waste of money. Hinds deserved a place on the bench. 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Woodrow is honestly so poor. I just don't get the signing of this guy. Waste of money. Hinds deserved a place on the bench. 

The lad has come off the bench twice and played about half hour in total. Have you ever played football ? Do you know how hard it can be to come on as sub and get into the flow of a game. 

You are the most clueless and negative poster on this forum . Do everyone a favour and **** off 

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

It really frustrates me that we have a player Fulham don't want on the bench rather than OUR OWN players hinds and Taylor. 

I really think Hinds should have started instead of Diedhiou who for me had disappointed so far. I'm sure Terry and the other big centre back would rather play against Diedhiou than a young player who is confident and run at them. 

Woodrow's record is pretty dire, I thought he was a very uninspiring loan signing at the time and although it's early days I don't think I'm going to have anything change my mind!

3 hours ago, cummins17 said:

Come on let's be sensible, as much as I like to see our academy lads get a chance, we can not afford to put a young lad onbthe bench with no experience if we want to actually push on and progress this season 

'Fraid that's cobblets. Hines has scored twice in two matches. Both crackers.  The second goal against a PL side.

I'm not even sure Woodrow has touched the ball twice in two games.

I know who I'd be bringing off the bench.

8 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Why?  Villa were playing 18 year old Davis who was Villa's most threatening player in 1st half and they have much bigger names than us that didn't get picked ahead of him.

Hinds has shown against Plymuff & Watford, something that we don't have in any other player with exception of Joe Bryan - the ability to strike a good shot from outside the box. Well worth a place on the bench for me.

if you think he'll scores goals from outside the box on a regular basis then you've going to be disappointed. 

I can remember David Seal scoring  some spectacular goals and the crowd loving it. Joe Jordan put some perspective on it saying he won't do that every week and it's the easy goals inside the box that make a striker. What happened to David Seal?

11 hours ago, cummins17 said:

Against the gas When we last played, FC Twente pre season, Middlesbrough away a few years back. Just to name a few occasions 

Against the gas he was well inside the box, virtually level with the penalty spot.

FC Twente was a set piece, a yard outside the box.

Against Middlesbro' away (Aug 2015, I assume you mean) he was again well inside the box (14 to 15 yards out).

11 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Woodrow's came on twice now and in both games we've lost all attacking outlet and started getting dominated. Don't think he's touched it more than 3 times across both appearances. Exactly what to expect from a Fulham reject I suppose.

Just not the type of striker we needed at all. We needed pace to trouble the villa back line. The villa fans i travelled with couldn't believe how slow we were and lack of movement. Made it easy for them when all the talk before was their lack of pace at the back. We badly need Taylor back. His movement is missed. I just don't see where the goals are going to come from with Diedhiou or Woodrow. Would rather have kept Wilbs than loan this guy. People keep saying he's only made around 20 touches. Subs need to make a greater impact. You see how subs win games, he has made no impact at all and looks no better than what we have. Happy to be proved wrong but just can't see it. 

13 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

It really frustrates me that we have a player Fulham don't want on the bench rather than OUR OWN players hinds and Taylor. 

I really think Hinds should have started instead of Diedhiou who for me had disappointed so far. I'm sure Terry and the other big centre back would rather play against Diedhiou than a young player who is confident and run at them. 

well said Al

Archived