IGNORED

Baker

cheshire_red

59 minutes ago, nickolas said:

For Flints aerial dominance. The chap up top for Villa won everything and held the ball up well. Calling out for Flint to 'beat him up'. 

The lad did well, but he also lost a lot of ball through physical pressure from Baker and Wright.  First 25 minutes, he barely got one to stick.  He did better after that, and early second half him and Onomah linked well.  I think Wright and Baker will be very happy with how they played him tonight.

49 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I thought Samba was the best defender tonight, until he went off.

I thought he was bang-average at best.

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Baker is excellent. My villa mates at the game couldn't believe they sold him. 

The Villa fans I was chatting to walking back to the car were gutted he`d gone. Their most improved player last season one of them said. They`d sooner have him than Terry all day long was the impression I got.

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I thought Samba was the best defender tonight, until he went off.

Thought he kept them in it - yet - have a look at the Villa Forun

They continually refer to him as a disaster waiting to happen

Oh and if Anyone on here thinks we are harsh / moaning / critical / have more among critical fans on here than any other club ..., (Complete Nonsense btw)

Take a look at their match day thread !!!!!!!!

Makesbeach and everyone of us positive and restrained supporters of the year !!!!!

Amazed that some are still slating and writing Aden off suddenly, nowcwe have NB & BW

Lots of short memories

At worst great back up /  competition for BE & NB 

always had a hunch things could get resolved and he might end up staying , to January at least 

As we know , and as he categorically proved at Watford , will always give % 100 and personally would be delighted if we keep him 

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Amazed that some are still slating and writing Aden off suddenly, nowcwe have NB & BW

Lots of short memories

At worst great back up /  competition for BE & NB 

always had a hunch things could get resolved and he might end up staying , to January at least 

As we know , and as he categorically proved at Watford , will always give % 100 and personally would be delighted if we keep him 

I don't think anyone is slating him personally. Let's not forget he got a very good reception when he came on against Barnsley. 

Its more of a case that having a natural left and right footed combo at centre half combined with solid full backs that we look a far better unit overall at the moment. 

I'd be delighted if we keep him as he adds another club in the bag as Johnson senior would always say. 

12 hours ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Villa fans must be gutted losing him to us. Thought he was quality tonight. John Terry didn't run 200 yards all night. The only time he got into a trot was when he went up for a set piece. 

Yet he stopped almost everything that came his way and controlled Villas defence, keeping them in shape and making it very hard for us to break down. Terrys experience and leadership alone made them better at the back and the fact we struggled to create and our only goal came from a scrappy mess was a testament to that. I think far too many people are looking for things to put JT down because of who he is as a person rather than as a player. As a player even at his age he's a massive asset to any club in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I don't think anyone is slating him personally. Let's not forget he got a very good reception when he came on against Barnsley. 

Its more of a case that having a natural left and right footed combo at centre half combined with solid full backs that we look a far better unit overall at the moment. 

I'd be delighted if we keep him as he adds another club in the bag as Johnson senior would always say. 

Plenty of derogatory comments on here in last few weeks Tom with quite a few '**** off Flint' comments and plenty of 'He's crap , get rid etc etc '

For me - Judge the guy for what he's done and most importantly what he does when he's on the pitch (When he gets the chance) not by sound bites coming from all sorts (Except Flint himself)

unfairly vilified and abused by some and has become the devil incarnate for the odd poster

Think Watford said it all - No Sol Campbell but a committed warrior and somebody who will give %100 whenever called upon

Just think fans should recall that he's saved our necks on plenty of occasions and we may be glad of all his qualities yet 

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Plenty of derogatory comments on here in last few weeks Tom with quite a few '**** off Flint' comments and plenty of 'He's crap , get rid etc etc '

For me - Judge the guy for what he's done and most importantly what he does when he's on the pitch (When he gets the chance) not by sound bites coming from all sorts (Except Flint himself)

unfairly vilified and abused by some and has become the devil incarnate for the odd poster

Think Watford said it all - No Sol Campbell but a committed warrior and somebody who will give %100 whenever called upon

Just think fans should recall that he's saved our necks on plenty of occasions and we may be glad of all his qualities yet 

That was 'Arrys first choice, but he couldnt convincde him out of retirement so settled for Flint

Nothing's changed for me . He's decent at this level. He has limitations yes but when he's able to play to his strengths their ain't many better . Hope he's committed , nothing I've read would suggest otherwise, and he gets back into the side . Not a lover of our club Captain I'm afraid so for me he would be the one to make way. Any other ideas as to how we could play Flint, Wright and Baker ?

33 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The whole thing with Flint is annoying, the guy was passionate about playing for us, his on pitch performances have shown nothing but professionalism so with this whole situation of him wanting to leave he's gone from a hero to some kind of villain yet no-one actually knows why, it's all assuming it's for money.
The thing that irks me the most is he's still our player and no bridges have been burned until he leaves so if our fans stopped putting the guy down out of spite and started cheering the guy on, singing his name etc he may realise he's wanted. Berating the guy and putting him down, booing him or just casting random assumptions about him is just driving him further away and making the club lose a valuable asset.
I personally think it could be down to a case of wages and someone got a large bump and he feels he deserves the same, the Harry turns up waiving the chequebook and he feels that Bristol City don't value his worth, hence the head turned comments. Now I know a lot of football fans see this as "cash over club" but I don't think there is a single player in our squad that wouldn't take a huge payrise if it was on the table, the only difference being is that for them there isn't one, for Flint there is and now he's trapped in a tough position.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The whole thing with Flint is annoying, the guy was passionate about playing for us, his on pitch performances have shown nothing but professionalism so with this whole situation of him wanting to leave he's gone from a hero to some kind of villain yet no-one actually knows why, it's all assuming it's for money.
The thing that irks me the most is he's still our player and no bridges have been burned until he leaves so if our fans stopped putting the guy down out of spite and started cheering the guy on, singing his name etc he may realise he's wanted. Berating the guy and putting him down, booing him or just casting random assumptions about him is just driving him further away and making the club lose a valuable asset.
I personally think it could be down to a case of wages and someone got a large bump and he feels he deserves the same, the Harry turns up waiving the chequebook and he feels that Bristol City don't value his worth, hence the head turned comments. Now I know a lot of football fans see this as "cash over club" but I don't think there is a single player in our squad that wouldn't take a huge payrise if it was on the table, the only difference being is that for them there isn't one, for Flint there is and now he's trapped in a tough position.

TBF there were a lot more cheers than boos when his name was read out last night - certainly the first time anyway, not much reaction either way the second.

Wonderful display of defending from both teams. Fascinating to see two top pros such as Samba, and Terry compared to Baker and Wright. Our back five look solid for the frist time in years. All the issues this season are the lack of cover in the mid field. Flint is awesome and if we keep him he has one thing no-one else has. Goals and we sure do need them!

Archived