IGNORED

Maybe not such an easy start??

Packman

Few people saying we should have a few more points after 5 games with all these 'easy' teams we've had to face. Barnsley were as good as relegated after we wiped the floor with them, but a win against forest and a 3-0 score line against the well fancied Sunderland leaves them on 6 points, maybe we just had a very good game. Millwall were robbed away at forest and should have won and now a 4-0 win against one of the favourites Norwich. Maybe a draw wasn't a disaster after all?? A steady start for city and we look a lot more solid and harder to beat, a group of talented young players and maybe with 1 or 2 additions we can have a much better season. I'm optimistic about the season ahead, I feel like I may be in the minority tho.

8 minutes ago, Packman said:

Few people saying we should have a few more points after 5 games with all these 'easy' teams we've had to face. Barnsley were as good as relegated after we wiped the floor with them, but a win against forest and a 3-0 score line against the well fancied Sunderland leaves them on 6 points, maybe we just had a very good game. Millwall were robbed away at forest and should have won and now a 4-0 win against one of the favourites Norwich. Maybe a draw wasn't a disaster after all?? A steady start for city and we look a lot more solid and harder to beat, a group of talented young players and maybe with 1 or 2 additions we can have a much better season. I'm optimistic about the season ahead, I feel like I may be in the minority tho.

Guess playoffs here we come then 

I think Norwich are in a bit of a muddle at the moment, a muddle they will swiftly sort out by sending Herr Farke off home. Before - ie, the week leading up to - Sept 23rd, inevitably. Good time to play them until then.

Barnsley were missing "three or four" of their best players first day here, according to Barnsley fans on here. Now, they might well say that, might'nt they? I don't know if that was cobblers, or there was something in it. But it looks like we played them at the right time.

It's still early days I reckon. Too early to be hopeful, or fearful. We just don't know. We'll have a better idea after the next 5 games.

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think Norwich are in a bit of a muddle at the moment, a muddle they will swiftly sort out by sending Herr Farke off home. Before - ie, the week leading up to - Sept 23rd, inevitably. Good time to play them until then.

Barnsley were missing "three or four" of their best players first day here, according to Barnsley fans on here. Now, they might well say that, might'nt they? I don't know if that was cobblers, or there was something in it. But it looks like we played them at the right time.

It's still early days I reckon. Too early to be hopeful, or fearful. We just don't know. We'll have a better idea after the next 5 games.

You think they will tell him to Farke off then?

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Fair to say I was very concerned after the first day. After today, well don't get me wrong, we are not world beaters. But we do look to have some quality players and are starting to look like a team. Liam Lindsey has come in today, maybe a week or so earlier than the management would have liked because of Gus MacDonalds ban, but looked the part in the back 4 as we hoped he would. Ugbo definitely has something about him. Some of the other new boys look better each time I've seen them.

We are up and down at the moment, as witnessed last week when we were bloody awful at Sheffield Utd. But today was very sweet. After a bright start from Sunderland for 20 minutes, to be honest they never had a sniff after that and we murdered them. We were very good. But god Sunderland were awful. Really bad from 20 mins on. 

We ain't pulling up any trees this season. But I am starting to feel more positive that we will be OK. You certainly played us at the right time.

Ipswich played the same four teams we did in our first four games and won all four, so there's a benchmark.

Our first 5, 3 at home and 2 away, we have attained 6 points. Given we are awful away from home, going on last season and this seasons results I think there is a little cause for concern.

It's very early days but September's fixtures, including 4 away days does not look kind.

Great we have some points on the board but I'd feel a lot better if we'd beaten Millwall and sat on 8 points going into the international break.

4 hours ago, Packman said:

I think this is what everyone who has been accused of being negative has said - 1 or 2 additions and we should have a much better season, but we already have a big squad so it will be difficult to bring in without upsetting some players so I cant see it happening. 

I agree with LJ we should have another win there probably against Millwall but you cant always get what you want.

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I think this is what everyone who has been accused of being negative has said - 1 or 2 additions and we should have a much better season, but we already have a big squad so it will be difficult to bring in without upsetting some players so I cant see it happening. 

I agree with LJ we should have another win there probably against Millwall but you cant always get what you want.

But we should have lost v Brentford so it`s -1 point from what we should have IMO

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

But we should have lost v Brentford so it`s -1 point from what we should have IMO

Looking at Birmingham's results so far, and their depleted squad when we went there, and their forward Che thingy going off injured at 1:1, and having a goal start, a point there was lost. If not three.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don't think that was really the point, I think he was saying that if we were looking at what we thought was achievable 5 games ago we should probably have another 2 points at this point - not what actually happened.

If we look back from now then I think we were lucky against Brentford and probably a bit lucky that Millwall didn't snatch something - all ifs, buts and maybes but not really the point.

23 hours ago, Packman said:

no I with you. no easy games and although we maybe could have a p[oint or two more the general play has been positive fo0rward thinking and the players seem to be right up for it. so we see how it carries on.  COYR

Archived