IGNORED

H Magnússon

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just spoke to him and his misses in town. 10 out of 10 by the way . He really loves Bristol. And the fans. His words. Asked him if he was staying. He said he wants to play regularly and he has plenty of interest. What a top man 

yes sure his time willcome  one for the future , think we were all mislead with the fact he played in every match up to feb last season

12 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

yes sure his time willcome  one for the future , think we were all mislead with the fact he played in every match up to feb last season

Really? He is 24 years old. In any other aspect that wouldn't be deemed old but for a footballer to be a bit part player at that age isn't great. Don't think you can use the 'one for the future' line for Hörður and you can't blame him for wanting to be starting week in week out which will almost certainly be away from us. Shame as I think he is a good player and seems a genuine guy as well

Reminds me of Richard Keogh when he was here. We knew he was a good player but the centre backs were playing well so there was no reason to drop them.

The same applies to Mags with Wright and Baker playing well. If he wants regular games and moves on you can't blame him. But if Flint goes his chance will come sooner or later and he has to seize it.

Perhaps he should bear in mind that Bobby is a similar age and has bided his time. You never know what is around the corner.

31 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

He didn't have to say anything. Just a really down to earth bloke 

Comes across as a pretty intelligent guy too. I wonder if that comes into our thinking when recruiting - off the top of my head Hegeler, Moore, Magnússon, Bryan and Pack all seem far brighter than your average footballer.

The squad average IQ probably shot up considerably when Tomlin left anyway.. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Comes across as a pretty intelligent guy too. I wonder if that comes into our thinking when recruiting - off the top of my head Hegeler, Moore, Magnússon, Bryan and Pack all seem far brighter than your average footballer.

The squad average IQ probably shot up considerably when Tomlin left anyway.. 

I think the average may have been reduced a bit by Pato though........

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think he's the sort of guy every club needs in the dressing room though, loads of banter, clearly a funny bloke, probably great to have around the camp!

1 minute ago, BCFC_95 said:

I think he's the sort of guy every club needs in the dressing room though, loads of banter, clearly a funny bloke, probably great to have around the camp!

True. It tells you a lot that he went off to Vegas with the `older hands` last summer. If they hadn`t wanted him there he wouldn`t have been - he does seem very popular.

I like him, I think he is a smart and intelligent footballer so it is with a bout of disappointment that I think he will have to leave to get what he wants. Bryan isn't going to be bought by a premier league side and if he was then it looks like there is still plenty of competition in that position, it looks like we have just rebuilt our central defence for the next 3 years (at least) while he has been at the club and hasn't been built into that. I think he is too weak for this league and doesn't really fit in unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Patterson and Brownhill were stupendous in the quiz games shown from the training camp. Luckily great players don't need to be well informed, to be quality footballers

11 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Patterson and Brownhill were stupendous in the quiz games shown from the training camp. Luckily great players don't need to be well informed, to be quality footballers

Gazza.

Q.E.D.

16 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Certainly knowledge and intelligence are not the same thing.

Football intelligence is something else again, though often sadly lacking in English players compared to their foreign counterparts.

Archived