IGNORED

Another striker coming in?

A Horse With No Name

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I am not claiming to be itk but I have it on very good authority that we have another striker coming in on loan this week, so that will almost certainly mean that one of ours will be off, probably Taylor?

More likely Hinds going on loan. Regular games at a good level would accelerate his development more than the U23s and the odd sub appearance and cup game.

14 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Taylor has just been given the number 10 shirt. In my opinion there's 0% chance he is being sold this summer.

That means nothing, Flint has 4, do you honestly think that means he will stay if we get an acceptable offer?

29 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

If correct, I'm thinking it will be another Tammy type arrangement but I would prefer an attacking mid gem from a club like Chelsea or "a n other"

Chelsea have just loaned out their 27th player. The cupboard is bare. They run a player farm that is of no relevance to the first team but makes a lot of money.

Meanwhile Conte complains he doesn't have enough players.

47 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Not another striker please. If Taylor is sold after the arrival of another striker then the board and LJ have got some explaining to do.

If we're short, play Hinds.

Pity we can't buy from Rovers anymore-a cheeky bid for Billy Bodin would've been so much fun!

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Why would we sell matty. He has been injured and not really been given a run in the team.  Hinds out on loan would be a good move. You do sense a busy few days ahead for city. 

LJ made it pretty clear Taylor would have been in the side at the start of the season had he not been injured. He likes his movement and felt a full pre-season would get him up to full Championship speed.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

More likely Hinds going on loan. Regular games at a good level would accelerate his development more than the U23s and the odd sub appearance and cup game.

I'm probably totally wrong, but I'd like to see Hinds develop here, being part of the match day squad on a regular basis.  I just worry about him going out on loan to a club who don't play anything like us, he gets lumped around and then regresses.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Why would we sell matty. He has been injured and not really been given a run in the team.  Hinds out on loan would be a good move. You do sense a busy few days ahead for city. 

I've said before I'd let Matty go.  Reid is better and Woodrow much better imho, Hinds emerging, Djurić to come back over the winter, Engvall to return on loan.  Surplus to requirements.  

I know lots will disagree with me.  I'm fine with that :P

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

LJ made it pretty clear Taylor would have been in the side at the start of the season had he not been injured. He likes his movement and felt a full pre-season would get him up to full Championship speed.

He did, but he also tells a few fibs too.

The message (rumoured) to Charlton was along the lines of "not now, come back later".  

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm probably totally wrong, but I'd like to see Hinds develop here, being part of the match day squad on a regular basis.  I just worry about him going out on loan to a club who don't play anything like us, he gets lumped around and then regresses.

I've said before I'd let Matty go.  Reid is better and Woodrow much better imho, Hinds emerging, Djurić to come back over the winter, Engvall to return on loan.  Surplus to requirements.  

I know lots will disagree with me.  I'm fine with that :P

1. You certainly have to choose the right club to send Hinds to and listening to Tinnion gives me confidence on that front. I just don't see him developing quickly enough without plenty of games.

When Bobby goes for £10m next summer I want Freddie ready to step in. :yes:

2. I disagree with you. ;)

3. So does LJ it seems. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He did, but he also tells a few fibs too.

The message (rumoured) to Charlton was along the lines of "not now, come back later".  

Rumoured being the key word. Have Charlton got any money? They certainly have a wretched owner, poor sods.

Which means he will leave on deadline day. :whistle:

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

1. You certainly have to choose the right club to send Hinds to and listening to Tinnion gives me confidence on that front. I just don't see him developing quickly enough without plenty of games.

When Bobby goes for £10m next summer I want Freddie ready to step in. :yes:

2. I disagree with you. ;)

3. So does LJ it seems. :thumbsup:

In reality I agree with all of your three points :P

(maybe not the Reid bit!)

I just don't rate Taylor enough to convince me he is a regular starter or goalscorer at this level.  Lee obviously does - unless we see him resigned to the bench now he's back from injury.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In reality I agree with all of your three points :P

(maybe not the Reid bit!)

I just don't rate Taylor enough to convince me he is a regular starter or goalscorer at this level.  Lee obviously does - unless we see him resigned to the bench now he's back from injury.

You reckon £10m not enough for Bobby then? :whistle:

28 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Maybe just as well he was injured then cos he'd have been in place if 4 goal Bobby Reid.

40 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Taylor in the team alongside Diedhiou makes sense as last season he provided several assists. His finishing was poor, but he must have some ability or he wouldn't have been such a prolific scorer in the lower leagues. Playing Taylor would enable Reid to just be an attacking midfield player, not a combined midfielder / forward as he is now. 

26 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Unlikey in the extreme, but would love the incoming player to be Albert.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Should be easily realistic. Villa fans can't understand why he isn't playing. Appears Bruce would be happy to sell. 

I can't see this happening as Albert's willingness to help out in midfield and defence was questionable, to put it mildly. LJ likes players who are prepared to work hard. 

Archived