IGNORED

Atmosphere...

skinster

It certainly is spreading IMO and rapidly which is what we want - these things need to grow organically. I`m in S21 and there are more people singing around me this season than I`ve ever seen before.

The game on Friday helped with it being a biggie and all that and we will have to accept that sometimes it will be more subdued - if the performance on the pitch isn`t that inspiring (Millwall) or if it`s freezing cold in January and everyone`s got five coats on - but I have high hopes that something good might be starting to happen.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It certainly is spreading IMO and rapidly which is what we want - these things need to grow organically. I`m in S21 and there are more people singing around me this season than I`ve ever seen before.

The game on Friday helped with it being a biggie and all that and we will have to accept that sometimes it will be more subdued - if the performance on the pitch isn`t that inspiring (Millwall) or if it`s freezing cold in January and everyone`s got five coats on - but I have high hopes that something good might be starting to happen.

I bought tickets in E28 of Dolman down the front deliberately to sit next to the singing section and it was cracking, I'd recommend sitting there if you want a good atmosphere but can't get in the South Stand

E28 or S24.

Would in my estimate be the best 2 areas in terms of proximity.

Incidentally, is there a reason, a specific hard and fast reason why the singing section is a) Relatively small and b) No pay on day option at all?

Am assuming is a police/SAG insisted decision? Also assuming is same at all UK grounds with singing area.

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

E28 or S24.

Would in my estimate be the best 2 areas in terms of proximity.

Incidentally, is there a reason, a specific hard and fast reason why the singing section is a) Relatively small and b) No pay on day option at all?

Am assuming is a police/SAG insisted decision? Also assuming is same at all UK grounds with singing area.

Standing in these blocks does not interfere with anyone else's sightlines of the pitch. As stated elsewhere, the singing section is fully sold as ST's. Thus no POTD.

The South/Lansdown corner could also be used in the same way.

As soon as anyone in the other South blocks, stands, it will interfere with sightlines of others.

Maybe over a couple/few years, the South Stand will all stand but at present for those blocks between the sidelines of the pitch, it's all seated or all standing.

57 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Standing in these blocks does not interfere with anyone else's sightlines of the pitch. As stated elsewhere, the singing section is fully sold as ST's. Thus no POTD.

The South/Lansdown corner could also be used in the same way.

As soon as anyone in the other South blocks, stands, it will interfere with sightlines of others.

Maybe over a couple/few years, the South Stand will all stand but at present for those blocks between the sidelines of the pitch, it's all seated or all standing.

Cheers.

I figured it maybe something like this. Is a shame in a way as it would be a way to grow the section, to get more involved.

Problem is, people may share the ethos of S82/ singing section but not be able to make all games. Essentially, a bit more flexibility maybe welcome- not blaming anyone, but I suspect it would be welcome.

8 hours ago, chinapig said:

Steve Bruce was complimentary about the atmosphere, and the stadium.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-steve-bruce-say-bristol-387980

Steve Bruce would be banned from Slagchat with comments like that! 

How dare he dispell the myth of Ashton Gate being quiet! 

Archived