IGNORED

Sky Sports live games October

BournemouthRed

22 minutes ago, BournemouthRed said:

Haven't seen the latest batch of TV fixtures announced - had previously been stated they would be revealed on Aug 25.

Anyone know if I've missed something? Hoping to get travel to Sunderland sorted but I have a hunch the KO time may shift.

This game won't change, we aren't an attractive proposition for sky as demonstrated by the Aston Villa show on Friday. Plus Sunderland aren't the draw as a Newcastle, we won't be on sky between  now and end of November 

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Leicester-Liverpool and Man Utd-Burton.

Well hooray for that, can`t wait to see Man Utd reserves play Burton at home and a tedious game between two sides in the same division.

Why aren`t I surprised though. Anyone who was suspicious might think that the competition`s new far east sponsors may have had a hand in the selection but that surely isn`t the case.

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's purely ratings driven. The TV companies know that Man United/Liverpool against anyone will always rate higher than something like City against Stoke, even if the latter is a far more interesting game on paper.

True although I wonder just how many more people watch a match involving Man U than a more interesting game? Suspect it's overseas related rather than just domestic audience as the latter audience would 'only' be in the 100,000s?

However the thing that really p's me off is when the Beeb chase ratings and put a crap manure game on. It doesn't have to!

58 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's purely ratings driven. The TV companies know that Man United/Liverpool against anyone will always rate higher than something like City against Stoke, even if the latter is a far more interesting game on paper.

As you say, ratings driven, but more importantly for the tv companies it is the advertising revenue they can achieve. Man Utd attract far more viewers than Stoke and us put together........

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Leeds at home will be on tele. Because it's a Saturday and it's Leeds. Just a hunch. 

Doubt it. Sky and BT-Sport have already made their picks:

Saturday 21st October 2017
Rangers v Aberdeen
Scottish Premiership
12:30
Sky Sports TBC

Southampton v West Brom
Premier League
17:30
BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Doubt it. Sky and BT-Sport have already made their picks: