IGNORED

Grenfell Charity Game.

Smokey

29 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Had no intention of watching. Went to Sandown instead to watch the Gee Gee's. Can't help but feel that if Grenfell (tragic as it was) was in Bristol, Yeovil, Cornwall etc.....the monies raised and the publicity given would only have been a shadow of that given to an area of West London.

That's the cynic in you,I'm sure if the same happened in let's say knowle west or southmead then the media coverage and government help would of been the same.:whistle:

38 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Had no intention of watching. Went to Sandown instead to watch the Gee Gee's. Can't help but feel that if Grenfell (tragic as it was) was in Bristol, Yeovil, Cornwall etc.....the monies raised and the publicity given would only have been a shadow of that given to an area of West London.

I think it is possibly due to it being in one of the richest boroughs in the the country.

I'm just back, was at the match. I haven't seen any of the tv coverage but it was a good day. Plenty of footballers from old, and a few celebs to watch too. Highlight of my day was being only a few feet away from one of my fav actors, Damian Lewis. Mostly QPR fans obviously but a few City fans were up there too. 

Damian with Kammy and Roy Hodgson!

20170902_155809.jpg

When you get on the City&Hammersmith tube from Paddington and you brush past the tower from less than 100m from the tube line. You see the tower and hear the audible gasp from the train. You then realise your looking at a mass grave. Trust me its hard not to feel emotional. It is a horrific thing to see.Truly horrific. 

Many families were affected so anything to raise money for them i applaud.

Its one thing to lose your home with fire. Its another thing to lose your home your wife, husband, son, daughter, friend, colleague, neighbour.

Truly horrific.

I have been to London several times since the fire and even being so close yesterday I haven't ever caught a glimpse of the scene. Yesterday I went to Shepards bush tube station and into Westfield shopping centre before the match and I expected to see it but somehow I relieved I didn't. I can't bring myself to look at it so God only knows what the people affected by it must feel on a daily basis.

i was a bit glib last night mentioning the celebrities, but the real feeling that came across was the inclusion of the residents and firefighters who were involved. They played in the match and got standing ovations on and off the pitch.

i was very surprised there were not programmes being sold, I think many people would have bought one and raised a lot of money by doing so.

Don't donate, not to the charities set up for Grenfel, donate directly if possible. A LOT of bad news coming from residents & other people associated, receiving very limited resources etc, there was supposed to have been millions and millions donated.

Edit:

Less than 15% of donations has reached Grenfell survivors, Charity Commission reveals

Only a fraction of the £18.9m collected for survivors of the Grenfell Tower disaster has been distributed to them to date, according to data released by the Charity Commission.

The regulator said £2.8m had reached victims – less than 15% of the total raised by charities led by the Red Cross, the Kensington & Chelsea Foundation and the Evening Standard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/11/less-15-donations-has-reached-grenfell-survivors-charity-commission/amp/

On 9/2/2017 at 23:51, RedM said:

I'm just back, was at the match. I haven't seen any of the tv coverage but it was a good day. Plenty of footballers from old, and a few celebs to watch too. Highlight of my day was being only a few feet away from one of my fav actors, Damian Lewis. Mostly QPR fans obviously but a few City fans were up there too. 

Damian with Kammy and Roy Hodgson!

20170902_155809.jpg

:wub:

On 9/3/2017 at 09:15, RedM said:

I have been to London several times since the fire and even being so close yesterday I haven't ever caught a glimpse of the scene. Yesterday I went to Shepards bush tube station and into Westfield shopping centre before the match and I expected to see it but somehow I relieved I didn't. I can't bring myself to look at it so God only knows what the people affected by it must feel on a daily basis.

i was a bit glib last night mentioning the celebrities, but the real feeling that came across was the inclusion of the residents and firefighters who were involved. They played in the match and got standing ovations on and off the pitch.

i was very surprised there were not programmes being sold, I think many people would have bought one and raised a lot of money by doing so.

From the BBC report it sounded a good laugh and everyone enjoyed it

1 hour ago, Tammys Scan said:

Don't donate, not to the charities set up for Grenfel, donate directly if possible. A LOT of bad news coming from residents & other people associated, receiving very limited resources etc, there was supposed to have been millions and millions donated.

Edit:

Less than 15% of donations has reached Grenfell survivors, Charity Commission reveals

Only a fraction of the £18.9m collected for survivors of the Grenfell Tower disaster has been distributed to them to date, according to data released by the Charity Commission.

The regulator said £2.8m had reached victims – less than 15% of the total raised by charities led by the Red Cross, the Kensington & Chelsea Foundation and the Evening Standard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/11/less-15-donations-has-reached-grenfell-survivors-charity-commission/amp/

I can believe that, unfortunately knowing what the Charity sector can be like...

I am NOT alleging corruption or ill will incidentally, merely that the sector hasn't got fantastically consistent quality.

Archived