IGNORED

Wright or flint

bengalcub

Why does little lee keep banging on about bailey wright ? Yes he's solid enough but without doubt our strongest pairing is baker and flint , little lee has made a rod for his own back by making wright captain therefor first choice and would have to admit he got it wrong to pick flint over him. 

Which we all know he ain't man enough to do .....

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm happy with the current back five, the first time I've been able to say that since we got promoted. Says it all really.

Pisano. He's as important to us and it as Cunningham was when he got assaulted at Peterborough. 

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Why does little lee keep banging on about bailey wright ? Yes he's solid enough but without doubt our strongest pairing is baker and flint , little lee has made a rod for his own back by making wright captain therefor first choice and would have to admit he got it wrong to pick flint over him. 

Sorry but that's rubbish . Wright is the better defender by far imo . Flints decent in the air but poor on the deck and gets turned way to easily, like bamby on ice at times. Wright is better on the deck and is decent in the air considering the height difference 

18 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Interesting use of the expression `we all` there. Basically using it in the sense of `just me`.

Could be the classic case of your best individual players not being the best pick for the team.

Flint has been an immense player for us - no doubt. However, he was also an ever present in the leaky defence last season and Ive questioned before as to whether the problem is being able to find a player to pair with Flint.

Baker and Wright are perhaps a better central pairing than Flint and anyone else.

Think Lee is plenty man enoigh to change players if he thinks he needs to (i emphasise the 'he thinks' part). Did that last season when subbing Tomlin despite knowing full well the entire crowd would get on his back about it.

So far this season he's not had a reason to bting in flint, neither have i heard anyone at the gate calling for it.

With the way we're supposedly going to be playing this season, I think flint eill get his chance. BUT for that he has to want to play for the club, which I'm sure he will do now the transfer window is closed.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Stopped reading this after the first dig.. Little lee. Seriously boring.

On his day, Wright looks absolutely class. The other times he looks good enough and doesn't make too many mistakes defensively that I've seen. Been loose with the ball on the left side before though. On the right side he seems much more confident. 

Flint is just as solid as Wright most of the time but tends to get beat by quicker players more often than Wright does. Occupational hazard of being 6'6" tall I would assume. For me, Wright and Baker are our pairing going forward but I would have no problems with Flint playing teams like Millwall instead of Wright. Some don't like changing partnerships but all have played together within the past couple of seasons so I would be confident in any of them paired together. 

I think Bailey Wright is one of the best (if not the best) signings of the 3 Johnson transfer windows. I think you could argue that since his signing and bedding in that we have been better defensively - I don't think some of our fanbase appreciate how good he is - LJ clearly does.

He comes across very well on a couple of videos on the socceroos website:

http://www.socceroos.com.au/

Oz are level on points with the Saudis in qualifying and need to either better the Saudi result or make up a 2 goal (goal difference) deficit when they play Thailand on Tuesday to qualify. Would be good to see the BCFC captain at the World Cup next year.

7 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

I think Bailey Wright is one of the best (if not the best) signings of the 3 Johnson transfer windows. I think you could argue that since his signing and bedding in that we have been better defensively - I don't think some of our fanbase appreciate how good he is - LJ clearly does.

He comes across very well on a couple of videos on the socceroos website:

http://www.socceroos.com.au/

Oz are level on points with the Saudis in qualifying and need to either better the Saudi result or make up a 2 goal (goal difference) deficit when they play Thailand on Tuesday to qualify. Would be good to see the BCFC captain at the World Cup next year.

Totally agree. He`s got that `nastiness` about him that we`ve been missing for far too long. Never gives an opponent an inch and knows all the dark arts.

Archived