IGNORED

New City Song I Wanna Try For Tommorow

Lita For Congo

I Wanna get this song going tommorow, me and my mate were singing it in the pub last night and its pretty good, were going to try and start it up tommorow so if you here it try and sing along.

'Orrible Bristol Rovers went to Rome to see the Pope

And this is what he said...

Who the **** are Bristol Rovers?

And the Reds go marching on on on

Ending needs improving but yay or nay?

Rather than sing a song about a team that no-one on this forum, gas excepted, cares about - how about you sing a song about the team we all support. The sooner we forget about the squaters and concentrate on our own club the better!

So your telling me that you dont sing songs about the Rovers?

Its a good song, but the reds go marching on doesnt sound right.

It should be something like and the gas are going down? :Confused13:

I`ve got a new song for everyone to sing.

la la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la,

la la la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la, la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la,

la la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la..Bristol City.

Or what about...

the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the.

the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the la la the the the the the the the the the the the, la la the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the.the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the...la..Bristol City.

There is another verse to the second one but i cant be bothered to write it all.

what do u all think??

Its a good song, but the reds go marching on doesnt sound right.

It should be something like and the gas are going down?  :Confused13:

Good suggestion!

The Gas are going down sounds much better and as the song is based on the Gas it fits perfectly!!

So your telling me that you dont sing songs about the Rovers?

I have done in the past and will do in the future - but if i had my way i would rather concentrate on supporting my club then ridiculling the neighbours. If you had people singing songs about how wonderful Aaron Brown is rather than how bad the gas are, then maybe his confidence would grow and he would be a better player?

I have done in the past and will do in the future - but if i had my way i would rather concentrate on supporting my club then ridiculling the neighbours. If you had people singing songs about how wonderful Aaron Brown is rather than how bad the gas are, then maybe his confidence would grow and he would be a better player?

Fair enough.

But away away away away. away away away away. AARON BROWN BROWN BROWN.... this man is wonderful.

I`ve got a new song for everyone to sing.

la la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la,

la la la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la, la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la,

la la la lal a la la la la la la la la la la lal a la la la la la la la..Bristol City.

Or what about...

the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the.

the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the la la the the the the the the the the the the the, la la the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the.the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the...la..Bristol City.

There is another verse to the second one but i cant be bothered to write it all.

what do u all think??

:Confused13: how can we tell with out the second verse

I'm one for new city songs etc but i feel the best songs have to be old classics like "one man went to burn" that "dooby doo" song (or however it goes).

If you listen to the likes of Liverpool and Man U fans singing thier classic songs about thier team it sounds so enthusiastic and fills the stadiums with an abundance of pride. It relates to the clubs past and how they are all so proud to be a part of that. I'm refering to the "The fields of Anfield Road" and "home is old trafford" songs which are frequently heard.

I dont think that songs such as "we f%%%%ng hate Rovers" will fill the stadium with pride do you?

I'm not old enough to remember the good old days of the 70's but will always join in to chants refering back to those most successful days for City. I just feel that this will encourage the team more and will be one step closer for AG to have that atmosphere back. I'm sure everyone loves a sing a long once in a while, and a song which will help them rememeber the good old days may encourage the 'quiet' fans to sing more.

Just a suggestion

I remember the seventies unfortunatly, all too clearly because I was out of a job for a large part of it, anyway;

A song we used to sing with pride in those days was

THE RED RED ROBIN

I remember some of the lyrics - perhaps someone can check these:

When the red red robin goes bob bob bobbin along, along

There'll be no more sobbing when you start hearing his old sweet song

Oh wake up, wake up you sleepy head get outa bed

Cheer up, cheer up the sun is RED

Live, laugh, love and be happy

What am i to do while I'm walking through fields of flowers

The rain may glisten but still I'd listen for hours and hours

Oh, I'm just a kid again doing what I did again

singing this song

When the red , red robin goes bob bob bobbin along.

almost made me cry........................

Snoz

I Wanna get this song going tommorow, me and my mate were singing it in the pub last night and its pretty good, were going to try and start it up tommorow so if you here it try and sing along.

And this is what he said...

And the Reds go marching on on on

Ending needs improving but yay or nay?

Isn't that song a copy of the Liverpool version of;

The famous man utd went to Rome to see the pope

And this is what he said.....F### OFF!

Who the F### are Man Utd

Who the F### are Man Utd

Who the F### are Man Utd

As the Reds go marching on....on....on!

It works much better.

Guest profplum86

i also have a new song its called

"why cant we generate atmosphere at home"

i was watching the mighty russians take on man utd and atthe end u could see people all around the ground in the lower tier stood up singing.

at the gate i havent seen anyone infront of row T stand up other than to go and get a pastie at half time.

do you think we could try a "standing up" day where some people other then the top of the dolman and block H sing ? to follow one more radical suggestion, i really think the east end should not be redeveloped, but think that all the season ticket holders from the dolman that sing and block h should be put in there to have a party every saturday.

i remember when we were in there for the bury game last....or maybe the season before last. EVERYONE in the east end sung their hearts out and i genuinely belive that they helped getus the 2 last(ish) minute goals.

Archived